New contract pay.

TheKingOfQueens

Hello my fellow UPS brothas! So I started sept 9th 2013 . Pay was 8:50 then 9:50 after 90days. Have been at 9:50 since . Just checked paycheck and hourly is now 10:00. Shouldn't it be 10.20 because of the 70cents raise ? Little help please . Also Saturday was 12.50 should that be going up too?

Sent using BrownCafe App

TheKingOfQueens

Just checked the forum guys . Got my answer . Still at a loss with the sat air though . I'm at 12:50 . What will it be after raise ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Hello my fellow UPS brothas! So I started sept 9th 2013 . Pay was 8:50 then 9:50 after 90days. Have been at 9:50 since . Just checked paycheck and hourly is now 10:00. Shouldn't it be 10.20 because of the 70cents raise ? Little help please . Also Saturday was 12.50 should that be going up too?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I don't think you get a $.70 raise because you are in progression. Now the air driver part I know about. Read Art. 40 in the master. That will be your bible for air driving. $12.50 after seniority $13.00 after 12 months. Does not matter how much or how little you drive. $13.50 after 18 months and top rate after 24 months. Current top rate is $25.44 with the new raise. $26.14 after next Aug. 1st. Starts kind of slow but top rate will make it worth while. Easiest job for the money at UPS. Or is it the easiest money for the job?

TheKingOfQueens

I don't think you get a $.70 raise because you are in progression. Now the air driver part I know about. Read Art. 40 in the master. That will be your bible for air driving. $12.50 after seniority $13.00 after 12 months. Does not matter how much or how little you drive. $13.50 after 18 months and top rate after 24 months. Current top rate is $25.44 with the new raise. $26.14 after next Aug. 1st. Starts kind of slow but top rate will make it worth while. Easiest job for the money at UPS. Or is it the easiest money for the job?

Thanks Brotha !!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

And don't forget that anytime you do ground deliveries or pick ups you get top driver rate for the day. My management team will just throw a few ground stops on me to justify paying me top rate everyday. Makes the paper work easier that way.

TheKingOfQueens

And don't forget that anytime you do ground deliveries or pick ups you get top driver rate for the day. My management team will just throw a few ground stops on me to justify paying me top rate everyday. Makes the paper work easier that way.

So if I get 1 ground on a Sat . I'd ry paid a top rate of 24.74 for that work day an hour ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So if I get 1 ground on a Sat . I'd ry paid a top rate of 24.74 for that work day an hour?

You won't see any ground packages on Saturday as they will still be in the trailers waiting to be processed. Every once in a blue moon you may get a ground that has been upgraded to air but you would not get top rate for delivering any of those as they will be considered air packages.

PT Car Washer

So if I get 1 ground on a Sat . I'd ry paid a top rate of 24.74 for that work day an hour ?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Just like Upstate said you will not see a ground package on Sat. unless it was ground missed on Friday and the customer had to have it. I meant during the week if you help with some deliveries or pick ups UPS will pay you top ground rate of $32.99.

any help here would be great, my steward is looking into this. I'm in progression as a FT driver. I'm a month away from year 2. My pay rate went up .70 cents to 19.15/ hr (the rate for year 1) I thought we got the better of the two contracts which is 19.50 at year 1 in the new contract or am I locked into the pay rate for the old contract which is when I started. Thanks.

upschuck

any help here would be great, my steward is looking into this. I'm in progression as a FT driver. I'm a month away from year 2. My pay rate went up .70 cents to 19.15/ hr (the rate for year 1) I thought we got the better of the two contracts which is 19.50 at year 1 in the new contract or am I locked into the pay rate for the old contract which is when I started. Thanks.
Not FT, you stay in current progression.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
That doesnt make sense. Based on that logic anybody that started before Aug 1 and is in their 1st year will go from $17.25 to $17.95. While the guy who started after Aug 1 will get $18.75

I didn't even get the .70 on my check. I'm going to file a grievance for the higher progression rates, although I feel I may end up with just the .70 (if anything at all)

Sent using BrownCafe App