New Contract seems Promising

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I thought the language concerning discipline using technology in the TA was good; what is bad about it? It is better than it was before (where they couldn't get you for just the first offense;, now it has to be corroborated by other means every time). How could this be improved on? (Really am curious)

Griff

This new contract is full of rewarding opportunities. If we pass this contract we'll have the freedom to forge our career path and continue growing within the company. I hope all of you make your research and vote YES on this contract, it can't get any better.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

2/10

​zzZzzzzZzzzz

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I thought the language concerning discipline using technology in the TA was good; what is bad about it? It is better than it was before (where they couldn't get you for just the first offense;, now it has to be corroborated by other means every time). How could this be improved on? (Really am curious)

The language on TECHNOLOGY improved 1 iota. You can't be fired by use of technology alone. You can still be disciplined but not fired unless eyeballs see you.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I have had my share of false-positives with the tech: backing up at a red light shortly after leaving the hub, where I would be in a line of a dozen other trucks; riding with the bulkhead door open some 50 separate instances, etc. I was asked about them, denied them, they didn't happen again, so we moved on. If I had kept denying it, but t kept showing up...drivers are being disciplined this way, with management not even trying to verify with eyes?

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Other things:

The issue for PTmers is that while starting pay is going up $1.50, everyone else isn't getting a corresponding $1.50 raise (although if someone is currently making less than their classification's starting raise, they'd be bumped up to the new starting raise)? So the NO vote is to get them to push that start even higher? (I do find it noteworthy that in places like San Fran, this isn't high enough, so those UPSers starting pay will be higher still, or the hub is leaving the city)

With healthcare, there isn't a practical change for those of us in a UPS plan now, as the shortages in coverage by the CS plan will be covered by UPS, correct? The main gripe is people already with the CS plan aren't getting any enhancements, and won't have the same coverage as some of the rest of us?

UPS Preloader

Other things:

The issue for PTmers is that while starting pay is going up $1.50, everyone else isn't getting a corresponding $1.50 raise (although if someone is currently making less than their classification's starting raise, they'd be bumped up to the new starting raise)? So the NO vote is to get them to push that start even higher? (I do find it noteworthy that in places like San Fran, this isn't high enough, so those UPSers starting pay will be higher still, or the hub is leaving the city)

With healthcare, there isn't a practical change for those of us in a UPS plan now, as the shortages in coverage by the CS plan will be covered by UPS, correct? The main gripe is people already with the CS plan aren't getting any enhancements, and won't have the same coverage as some of the rest of us?

The starting pay for PT's is only going up $1.50 for the first 90 days. After that, it's only a net 50 cent increase as the 90 day $1.00 increase was taken away.

stink219

Other things:

The starting pay for PT's is only going up $1.50 for the first 90 days. After that, it's only a net 50 cent increase as the 90 day $1.00 increase was taken away.
Taken away? Or made immediate? Depends on how you look at it.