New Contract....who's voting yes or no and why?

ramrod7373

I am going to vote NO.....because here in Nor Cal they have taken out the 1/2 to 1 hour lunch and replaced it with just 1 hour lunch. No choice......It's a bunch of B.S. Looks like some drivers have pissed off some Sup's here in Nor Cal and they have negotiated to make us take a hour lunch.....I like the option to take a half hour if I choose. I already work late enough w/ the half hour lunch, now it will put me home a half hour later....I guess "FAMILY" time is only for the weekend!! I bet our union rep's get to clock off at 5pm and go home!

Buck Fifty

I am going to vote NO.....because here in Nor Cal they have taken out the 1/2 to 1 hour lunch and replaced it with just 1 hour lunch. No choice......It's a bunch of B.S. Looks like some drivers have pissed off some Sup's here in Nor Cal and they have negotiated to make us take a hour lunch.....I like the option to take a half hour if I choose. I already work late enough w/ the half hour lunch, now it will put me home a half hour later....I guess "FAMILY" time is only for the weekend!! I bet our union rep's get to clock off at 5pm and go home!

Sounds like as good of a reason as any. No No No No no Hell Nah !!!

tejano408

No The Benefits Benefit Only The Central States Where It Cheaper To Live And No Real Retirement Package Specially If Ups Gets Their way

tbird2000

Working Class
Absolute no. Healthcare plan is not even finalized, I want to vote for/against a contract that has a concrete plan in place....in the side-by-side it sounds like the company and the union are saying, "Here, this is what you have now, this is what you might get, we need time to see if we can get it better, but you'll at least get this.......now vote yes because it's good."

PACNW

I am voting no. We all know about the records profits, and despite the medical costs, I feel like we should be negotiating from a position of strength. Instead, it feels like we were negotiating from a position of fear. I don't think we should have to concede anything, higher costs are just a cost of doing business. I think the 4 year progression is ridiculous. I have been told we had to agree to that to get the higher starting wage for the P/Ters, but they are going to lose more money on the back end when they go driving than they will make with the higher wage. Its not our job to concede anything to get the part timers more money, again those wage increases are a cost of doing business. Not to mention, the amount of dues $$ the union will be losing over that extra year and a half progression. Just my two cents.

A

anonymous6

people did not see the writing on the wall, did they? first they took away the Christmas turkey. no big deal. then they took away the safe driving rewards thru the catalog. ooh that hurt a little. then they took away safe driving and no injury bbqs. ( for a couple years but we got those back )

now they are trying to nibble away at healthcare and pensions. keeping new jobs away by working everyone 60 hrs a week. increasing subcontractors or the sly and hardly anyone raising a fuss.

you could say it is our fault for not fighting for the turkeys where it all started. it's too NOT to late to draw a line in the sand.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Until they remove air drivers as second class citizens ; must work the day after Thanksgiving at normal rate ( while everyone else who works gets OT ) , I always plan to vote NO.

stink219

I'm voting yes. It's a solid contract. It addresses a lot of areas we've had issues with. People with the health care change need to calm down. It will be fine.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
No and No for me. Because, all the secrecy,bold face lies by the company and the union, stink, and just because the bs we have to deal with every day. Should be atleast a dollar a yr. My insurance stays the same. Only good thing in the contract. I want my 2 dollars an hr back the union took for pensions. 35 yrs for full pension. Want 30 out any age back. Union officials being best buds with management. Stink. 4 billion dollars profit.
May have duplicated a couple reasons. But, something really does stink about the whole deal. I follow my gut feeling. On a lot of my decisions. It usually is right. 294=sell out. Again