New courier kills Sprinter

MassWineGuy

I suppose the brakes could be examined post accident. But shouldn't the driver have caught something amiss in pretrip (in theory, at least)?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have inside information.

Maybe. What are the odds of a total brake failure on your first day on the road? Also, there is no pre-trip inspection of brakes other than fluid level and testing them and parking brake when you first move. Not many people do a thorough pre-trip any more because they don't give you enough time to do one.

Perhaps you're telling the truth, or maybe you're one of the operatives who try to "explain" things in certain ways. On one hand, a total brake failure makes Mercedes and FedEx Vehicle Maintenance look bad, but on the other, is it more important to Fred that the public not think we send unqualified drivers on theroad?

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
It seems more and more that ORION and DRA are retarded cousins. I'd be willing to bet that they have a software developer in common.

9qtimuc.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It seems more and more that ORION and DRA are retarded cousins. I'd be willing to bet that they have a software developer in common.

9qtimuc.jpg

I've believed this from the first time I found this website and started to read the UPSers complain about Orion. They have the EXACT same complaints we have about DRA. Except, I think it is same program with adjustments made to tailor it to each company. And whoever the creator is, is a friggin genius.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All
Good
Kids
Milk

Aim high, and straight for the tree
Get the big picture, and ensure that you have good view of what you're about to hit
Keep your eyes moving, like to your cell phone or PowerPad
Let them see that you're about to hit the tree
Make sure you hit it, and then stand outside to make sure everyone has seen that you hit the tree

The new, revised SMITH system. By the way, we can no longer call it that because Fred is too cheap to pay for it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Aim high, and straight for the tree
Get the big picture, and ensure that you have good view of what you're about to hit
Keep your eyes moving, like to your cell phone or PowerPad
Let them see that you're about to hit the tree
Make sure you hit it, and then stand outside to make sure everyone has seen that you hit the tree

The new, revised SMITH system. By the way, we can no longer call it that because Fred is too cheap to pay for it.

It's funny you should mention that because one of our cheerleader/go Team XYZ managers had little quizzes last week over the Powerpad asking if anyone knew the Smith System. Different one every day.

hypo hanna

I've believed this from the first time I found this website and started to read the UPSers complain about Orion. They have the EXACT same complaints we have about DRA. Except, I think it is same program with adjustments made to tailor it to each company. And whoever the creator is, is a friggin genius.
The problem with both programs IMO, is neither can account for the variables on road. It relies on a "perfect world" scenario each and every day.