New day for Orion

yeldarb

It's nice to have 3 streets.
Not following Orion but staying on same street doesn't hurts percentages. Allows me to get the bulk off I want to. Not the single letter in my 5000s that it thinks makes more sense.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm not buying that. Eighty five- yes, one hundred... can't do it.
Now they moved up the Orion goal in our center to 90%
LOL
Like I said earlier, it's easier to cut 3 minutes of OT off a driver than 6 miles off a 80 mile route.
THEY BOTH COST THE COMPANY THE SAME AMOUNT BUT UPS IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT DOES IT THE HARD WAY

Mr.Golden

I'm not buying that. Eighty five- yes, one hundred... can't do it.

Yes we was told 85 like every1 else but on Friday March 20 2015 that 85 became 100.
They said if your in the neighborhood and have to go 3 blocks somewhere to a business stop and come back to the neighborhood DO IT!! If you have an issue call the building at 2pm don't not go off trace!

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I covered a 75 stop, 250 mile rural route yesterday. Finished in 9.5 hours. We don't have Orion in our center yet. Something dawned on me as I finished up. It took MY decision making skills just to finish this up in 9.5. What the hell is a day on the route going to look like with Orion?!

Mr.Golden

Now they moved up the Orion goal in our center to 90%
LOL
Like I said earlier, it's easier to cut 3 minutes of OT off a driver than 6 miles off a 80 mile route.
THEY BOTH COST THE COMPANY THE SAME AMOUNT BUT UPS IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT DOES IT THE HARD WAY

Our results from Friday ..... A little over 500 pkgs missed and about 300 late but........ Over all building Orion trace 97% [emoji106][emoji106][emoji108] words can't describe how the dispatcher feel

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes we was told 85 like every1 else but on Friday March 20 2015 that 85 became 100.
They said if your in the neighborhood and have to go 3 blocks somewhere to a business stop and come back to the neighborhood DO IT!! If you have an issue call the building at 2pm don't not go off trace!

I hope commercial customers start complaining about delivery times getting messed up.

You can and should break trace to make service on air packages. When you make a delivery on a street with lots of other stops, do every other stop on that street if you need to. It's not a break in trace if they're all on the same street. Break trace to make service on business stops. If orion wants you to go several miles to deliver to an area that you would be going past later in the day just scroll down past those stops and hit left arrow to lock your location in edd and do them later when you are closer to them. If you have 200 stops you can break trace 20 times and still be 90 percent on trace.

jaker

trolling
You can and should break trace to make service on air packages. When you make a delivery on a street with lots of other stops, do every other stop on that street if you need to. It's not a break in trace if they're all on the same street. Break trace to make service on business stops. If orion wants you to go several miles to deliver to an area that you would be going past later in the day just scroll down past those stops and hit left arrow to lock your location in edd and do them later when you are closer to them. If you have 200 stops you can break trace 20 times and still be 90 percent on trace.
Sorry but you are problem , you are fixing Orion issues this is why they are saying 85% because they know Orion has issues and want you to fix them so they give you the 15% to do it

I am not here to fix it or make it work , I am here to do the job they want to 100% . If they don't like it they will fix it

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You would be amazed all the things you can set up Orion to do.

1) have those business that you should go right instead going across a road and making a left and still reduce miles..there is a way to fix that.
2) have two entrances to business, want to have a choice to which one you come in, there is a way to fix that.

The list goes on and on. My center is not perfect same grumbling, but we are working on making Orion better.

I can accomplish the same things in less than one second with my right thumb simply by turning ORION off.

soberups

It's nice to have 3 streets.
Not following Orion but staying on same street doesn't hurts percentages. Allows me to get the bulk off I want to. Not the single letter in my 5000s that it thinks makes more sense.
So... a driver on a route with 3 or 4 main thoroughfares can essentially jump around all he needs to and still generate the required compliance metric, whereas a driver who does the same exact thing on a route with multiple street names can be subject to disciplinary action for failing to generate the required compliance metric.

Interesting.....

soberups

Sorry but you are problem , you are fixing Orion issues this is why they are saying 85% because they know Orion has issues and want you to fix them so they give you the 15% to do it

I am not here to fix it or make it work , I am here to do the job they want to 100% . If they don't like it they will fix it
I do the same thing, only instead of following it 100% I turn it off.

If they don't like the compliance metrics that I generate, they can adjust their program to reflect the optimum manner in which my route should be run in the REAL world. Or they can do nothing. Doesn't matter either way to me.

Last edited:

soberups

If I went for 100%, I would have late air daily. Orion is to liberal with stops before 10:30.
If I went for 100%, someone would be bringing me fuel every night at 9:00 so I could make it back to the building. ORION is too liberal with "roads" that only exist on Google Earth.

ArcherUTR

The majority of them are temporary subcontractors who have never worked for UPS in any capacity before, and their "experience" consists of downloading a copy of the 340 Methods onto a Kindle.

Where can I get those? Seems like the methods are changing by the day.

soberups

I covered a 75 stop, 250 mile rural route yesterday. Finished in 9.5 hours. We don't have Orion in our center yet. Something dawned on me as I finished up. It took MY decision making skills just to finish this up in 9.5. What the hell is a day on the route going to look like with Orion?!

75 stops, 400 miles, 14 hours, late air and missed deliveries.

Next question?