New day for Orion

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No you break trace and deliver your air and then drive right back to where you left off and start again

Yea, but management said 100 percent, so no breaking trace. Keep miles low no matter how many customers we fail!

By The Book

I do the same thing, only instead of following it 100% I turn it off.

If they don't like the compliance metrics that I generate, they can adjust their program to reflect the optimum manner in which my route should be run in the REAL world. Or they can do nothing. Doesn't matter either way to me.
Or the 3rd option, and that is to follow Orion like everyone else. When they give you the work as directed speech, if it comes.

By The Book

Yea, but management said 100 percent, so no breaking trace. Keep miles low no matter how many customers we fail!
Wally, select your route on the computer and find the Orion arrival time to your first stop. This is usually too early, sometimes your not out of the building yet. If this is the case, as is almost 100% of the time tell your on road to fix this as this makes you break trace before 10:30. From then on its downhill on the trace and uphill on the miles.

oldngray

nowhere special
Orion team follows the Edison school of thought.
edison.png

Wilp

Wally, select your route on the computer and find the Orion arrival time to your first stop. This is usually too early, sometimes your not out of the building yet. If this is the case, as is almost 100% of the time tell your on road to fix this as this makes you break trace before 10:30. From then on its downhill on the trace and uphill on the miles.

That's the problem with all the routes in our building. The other day it had my at 90 stops by noon and my whole morning is all businesses. I was at 90 around 2pm.

S

selfcancelsignal

I hope commercial customers start complaining about delivery times getting messed up.
I think what I'm gonna do once our bldg. gets ORION if told to follow 85-100% is give out our center's phone # to every commercial customer I deliver to & tell them to call in & complain about getting their stuff super late or not at all. Still not sure how I'm gonna approach ORION. 100% trace, or friend--- it & do RDO all day. Hmmm...

Mr.Golden

From the results I've heard yesterday. I don't think Orion is capable of making services. It rather sacrifice service for lower miles.

Mr.Golden

My on road sup rode with me one day and ask him "does running Orion have problems making services" he replied " if u follow the solution there shouldn't be a problem" I pick up the diad to scroll down to the end to see where I will end up. I couldn't believe it was businesses not one but 12 business stops like really?

Our flavor of the month is reducing backs. They would prefer we drive around the block rather than back.
I've been doing this for years, and it's the same way I will run my route when Orion is implemented in our center. center manager announced last week that any driver who has a backing accident will be removed from service immediately. When I get my Orion ride and the guy tells me to turn around in a driveway, my response will be, "back only when necessary" & "stay out of residential driveways".

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I think what I'm gonna do once our bldg. gets ORION if told to follow 85-100% is give out our center's phone # to every commercial customer I deliver to & tell them to call in & complain about getting their stuff super late or not at all. Still not sure how I'm gonna approach ORION. 100% trace, or friend--- it & do RDO all day. Hmmm...

Better to give corporate number. Last thing hacks downstream want to do is answer to anything.

jaker

trolling
This is not following ORION at 100% as instructed.

Or is it follow ORION at 100% except to avoid service failures? You cannot have both.
It's as close to 100 you will get without service failures and that what you have to do to not get in trouble

I have yet to hit 100 , I usually run 98 to 99% because like most I have to break to get air done

What is fun is that Orion will have you do a few stops by your air and when you break to get that air you skip those few stops and go right back over there again when you are back on trace and what does that mean

More overtime , more window time and more miles over . So do what you like and help them make Orion look good or do 100 and let them deal with Orion and its problems

By The Book

For a center to demand 100% Orion trace or else is stupid. Heck the Orion team doesn't even expect that. Your center team may be trying to light a fire under those who refuse to follow it at all. Like I've always said, follow it...break for air/service commits and get back on trace. The only thing they will talk to you about is over allowed after that.

Mr.Golden

For a center to demand 100% Orion trace or else is stupid. Heck the Orion team doesn't even expect that. Your center team may be trying to light a fire under those who refuse to follow it at all. Like I've always said, follow it...break for air/service commits and get back on trace. The only thing they will talk to you about is over allowed after that.

Yep when we heard 100% in our PCM that morning all the drivers laughed and said wtf are u serious? As a building we had 97% trace for Orion but many service failures. You don't have to break for air because at the last 20mins it will push it up anyway so there for u are still consider staying in trace

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My favorite parts of my Orion ride were the Orion supe showing me how to back without telematics "seeing" it and that I should never try to beat the miles as my dispatch will just go down and my stop count go up.