New day for Orion

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
......when you keep solving their problems.....it's only going to get worse
it cant get any worse. I dont want to work 11s every day. And I dont care how much I can make. Somedays you just need to get done and go home. And today it was worse. Ps I didnt call or text anyone, I just got the job done.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
During peak, the operational necessity of getting the packages delivered outweighs the need to pretend that ORION works, so they dont say anything about compliance.
And isnt that the same every day, I show them its screwed, they tell me to try to keep miles down and not follow it, and I have it on paper, to protect myself since they are pushing it here. It can be fine one day, and the next cannot possibly be done. It is giving me 5 mile pulls for no good reason. Nothing else near it being delivered. I know its stupid anyway, trust me I know, but some days I think it is just designed to destroy me.

PT Car Washer

Oh hell no you will not see me hopping in and out a 24 footer. I did a mall rt with that many pkgs, the truck and 3 tp60s slap full.
Not all that bad. At least in my building. All dock stops. Not chasing NDA or delivering resi's. Almost like being in Feeders. I covered a straight truck route one summer when the regular driver was out with medical issues.

Mr.Golden

Not all that bad. At least in my building. All dock stops. Not chasing NDA or delivering resi's. Almost like being in Feeders. I covered a straight truck route one summer when the regular driver was out with medical issues.

Hmmm it doesn't seem to bad. When I think about it I compare it to when they put me in Ryder truck during peak season. It feels so weird deliver out of those. I have to step up and put my butt in first instead of my foot. Enjoyed the radio though

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
And isnt that the same every day, I show them its screwed, they tell me to try to keep miles down and not follow it, and I have it on paper, to protect myself since they are pushing it here. It can be fine one day, and the next cannot possibly be done. It is giving me 5 mile pulls for no good reason. Nothing else near it being delivered. I know its stupid anyway, trust me I know, but some days I think it is just designed to destroy me.
It gets more "aggressive" when they have you more spread out. The higher the projected miles the more ridiculous it will act.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
During peak, the operational necessity of getting the packages delivered outweighs the need to pretend that ORION works, so they dont say anything about compliance.
Especially interesting because peak starts mid October now.Wonder if that fact was thrown in when they were selling this idea to the shareowners

OPTION3

it cant get any worse. I dont want to work 11s every day. And I dont care how much I can make. Somedays you just need to get done and go home. And today it was worse. Ps I didnt call or text anyone, I just got the job done.
Your intentions are honorable(getting off at a reasonable hour) ........unfortunately you work for a dishonorable company

BostonBo

I've been on Orion for two weeks already. The first week I tried to maintain 85% but they got on my case because my miles were high. This week I've gone 99% and my miles and overtime hours have gone up even more.

jaker

trolling
I don't want to say this but I run Orion 100% everyday no matter what , but the last few days I have been beating Orion miles by at least 5 miles

I don't know why yet I have change the way I look at it , I will look 3 or so stops ahead and run it a way that makes sense to me and not the way Orion wants

I know I will have to be careful not to draw attention , but I haven't figure it out yet