New delivery service rolling out march 1rst?

paidover95

Has anyone heard about the new service coming out?Iguess residential customers can request a delivery time,(a 2 hour window)for the driver to deliver to them.You will not be able to deliver any other service level pkgs to them at that time???Not sure what they are calling it.Anyone know??

UPSGUY72

Has anyone heard about the new service coming out?Iguess residential customers can request a delivery time,(a 2 hour window)for the driver to deliver to them.You will not be able to deliver any other service level pkgs to them at that time???Not sure what they are calling it.Anyone know??

Isn't going to work out to well this would only be for packages that need a signature and then eveyone would want them after they got out of work at which time most driver are doing there pickups or already back at the building.

If this was also for basic or other package that don't need a signature UPS would lose tens of millions of dollars.

Never going to work we have enough trouble delivering are NDA on time.

pretzel_man

Isn't going to work out to well this would only be for packages that need a signature and then eveyone would want them after they got out of work at which time most driver are doing there pickups or already back at the building.

If this was also for basic or other package that don't need a signature UPS would lose tens of millions of dollars.

Never going to work we have enough trouble delivering are NDA on time.

Its probably best to wait until the details are announced. You are making an assumption on the rules of the service.....

Re-Raise

My personal guarantee is within 2 days and 2 houses.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Its probably best to wait until the details are announced. You are making an assumption on the rules of the service.....

I think a safe assumption to make...will be that the company will attach some arbitrary and impossible metric to the new service that will create far more problems than the service itself. It is also safe to assume that the new service will be micromanaged from afar by people who have never actually driven a package car or run a delivery route.

Lots of things seem easy when viewed from Google Earth. It gets a little more complicated when viewed from behind the wheel of the package car that has to go out in the real world and actually do the work.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
SOBERUPS "Our world would be a better place if everybody got to bring their dog to work with them."
I love signature line, and I agree!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
FedEx ground already offers this service.
My guess is that's why UPS is "chasing" the idea.
The FedEx infrastructure makes the "logistics" of this service perhaps a bit more feasible for them.
I personally don't see how UPS possibly believes they can squeeze anymore from our day.
Reality is I know they do.
With every new attempt, I find my days run into my evenings and my evenings into my nights.
Big winner, my paycheck.
Big loser, my family life.
Bottom line is I will not work any harder and any new expectations of me will result in disappointment as I am on the downward spiral of an aging "industrial athlete".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
FedEx ground already offers this service.
My guess is that's why UPS is "chasing" the idea.
The FedEx infrastructure makes the "logistics" of this service perhaps a bit more feasible for them.
I personally don't see how UPS possibly believes they can squeeze anymore from our day.
Reality is I know they do.
With every new attempt, I find my days run into my evenings and my evenings into my nights.
Big winner, my paycheck.
Big loser, my family life.
Bottom line is I will not work any harder and any new expectations of me will result in disappointment as I am on the downward spiral of an aging "industrial athlete".
Sadly, the coaches had no choice but to accept that former first round pick "Bubblehead" had a lost a step(or two) and was no longer a dominant force on the field...