New delivery service?

upschuck

UPS wants to pay for a $20000 vase in which you were someplace you weren't suppose to be as much as a $20000 vehicle with about the same consequences.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
UPS wants to pay for a $20000 vase in which you were someplace you weren't suppose to be as much as a $20000 vehicle with about the same consequences.
I did $4K worth of damage to the side of a guys brand new Volvo one time by accidentally scraping it with my handcart. The whole car got repainted. I filled out a couple of forms and never heard a word about it again. UPS pays millions of dollars per year for liabity insurance to cover these sorts of situations.

oldngray

nowhere special
I did $4K worth of damage to the side of a guys brand new Volvo one time by accidentally scraping it with my handcart. The whole car got repainted. I filled out a couple of forms and never heard a word about it again. UPS pays millions of dollars per year for liabity insurance to cover these sorts of situations.

Did you get charged with an accident? Handcart damage used to be just considered an incident but it changed to be called an avoidable accident if there was property damage.

upschuck

under the previous $4500 termination limit. I thought UPS was self insured, and paid different companies to do the dirty work and the paper work.

UPSGUY72

The object is not to put yourself in those kind of situation not to have the mind set that UPS has deep pockets so it isn't a big deal.

Re-Raise

I knocked on an old guys door the other day and he yelled "come on in"

I replied "it is UPS, I have a package for you"

He said "I said come on in"

I opened the door and set the package inside.

He said "Didn't you hear me say come in?'

I said "Yes, I heard you, I just thought you might have thought I was a friend of yours or something"

He said " Friend?? Hell I ain't got no friends.."

Grouchy old bastard had me laughing about that all day.

10 point

I knocked on an old guys door the other day and he yelled "come on in"

I replied "it is UPS, I have a package for you"

He said "I said come on in"

I opened the door and set the package inside.

He said "Didn't you hear me say come in?'

I said "Yes, I heard you, I just thought you might have thought I was a friend of yours or something"

He said " Friend?? Hell I ain't got no friends.."

Grouchy old bastard had me laughing about that all day.
He has a friend now.

10 point

Did you get charged with an accident? Handcart damage used to be just considered an incident but it changed to be called an avoidable accident if there was property damage.
So if someone runs into my cart with a bike on the sidewalk after its just been emptied I guess its gonna be a "hit while parked" avoidable accident.

10 point

Back when we were delivering all those Gateway cow boxes (90's) I had a next day air for a house way out in the sticks and commit time was getting close. When I pulled into the driveway I noticed a guy in his 70's-80's out washing down his RV and I called him over to sign my board so I could time stamp it with a few seconds left.

He gladly signed and after I stop completed it he asked me to bring it into the house and for me to put it in the family room just down the hallway. As I set I down and turned to leave I heard a commotion from behind me and as I turned around to see what that was the old guy came in from the yard and we both stood in shock as we found out his wife was sitting buck naked on the couch folding laundry. She screamed at him and I calmly said "pardon me ma'am, you have a nice day" and walked back to the truck.

Wow, she sure was an "over 70" and I don't think the clothes had as many wrinkles as she did.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
under the previous $4500 termination limit. I thought UPS was self insured, and paid different companies to do the dirty work and the paper work.
I think the $4500 had to do with damage in a vehicular accident, not damage caused by a hand cart.

Inadvertant damage caused by the hand cart, knocking over objects on customers premises etc. is not and never has been a terminable offense. It is considered a "public liability" incident and is handled by UPS's liability insurance carrier.