New delivery service?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The object is not to put yourself in those kind of situation not to have the mind set that UPS has deep pockets so it isn't a big deal.
I am aware of that, and that is not the mindset that I have. When you have delivered in the same area for over 20 years the last thing you want to be doing is damaging the property of the customers that you see on a regular basis. Nonetheless, the fact remains that UPS sends something like 100,000 drivers per day out into the world to knock on doors and wheel things around with hand carts, and it is inevitable that stuff is occasionally gonna get knocked over or broken in the process. Carrying liability insurance is simply part of the cost of doing business.

toxic88

Our center manager told us yesterday that moms meals was a big FedEx account that they lost and we got. The center manager mentioned that the DIAD can display a message about customer being slow to answer door or something along those lines. Now if I get one or two of those stops a day I can live with that but any more is a different story.

10 point

I think the $4500 had to do with damage in a vehicular accident, not damage caused by a hand cart.

Inadvertant damage caused by the hand cart, knocking over objects on customers premises etc. is not and never has been a terminable offense. It is considered a "public liability" incident and is handled by UPS's liability insurance carrier.
If, the company can prove "malicious intent" in something that causes damage to property or the public it's a different issue than an incident.

Without videos or multiple witnesses it may be pretty hard to make that stick imo.

Our center manager told us yesterday that moms meals was a big FedEx account that they lost and we got. The center manager mentioned that the DIAD can display a message about customer being slow to answer door or something along those lines. Now if I get one or two of those stops a day I can live with that but any more is a different story.

Maybe FedEx "lost" the account because it was a huge pain in the ass?

UPSGUY72

Yup got those message before. They can be as slow as they want there package will be waiting for them on the door stop while I'm doing my next stops or stops. If a signature isn't needed and it not a bad DR there is no reason to wait.

Rainman

Its all good.
Agreed. Part of service is taking care of your customers instead of just thinking about how much bonus you can make.
Showing compassion to others who can't physically do certain things for themselves. We all need or will need help at some point in our lives. Pay it forward.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

soberups

We are never more than 5 minutes away from being visible worldwide on YouTube.

I sure as hell dont want to be the UPS driver who gets famous on YouTube for refusing to help an 85 yr old woman move a heavy package inside her door.

Do the right thing, even when no one is watching. Because someone probably is.

10 point

We are never more than 5 minutes away from being visible worldwide on YouTube.

I sure as hell dont want to be the UPS driver who gets famous on YouTube for refusing to help an 85 yr old woman move a heavy package inside her door.

Do the right thing, even when no one is watching. Because someone probably is.
Darn, I forgot about cameras. Ive been tempted to test out the dessert in the box while I waited.:bdayiggy:

upschuck

As I look into my crystal ball, I see a Diad training coming soon about this, and possibly a Diad alert with this shipper's packages, if they are a large shipper and they complain enough. That is maybe why they left FedEx.

upschuck

I usually will tell the customers I stepped in something and don't want to track it in on their floors.
We have a business that doesn't let us take two steps inside their door because somebody tracked mud over their newly cleaned carpets. They were usually quick to sign though.

soberups

I usually will tell the customers I stepped in something and don't want to track it in on their floors.
I had a lady one time get about 15 big boxes, the porch was really tiny and it was raining and she nicely asked if I could wheel them inside. I said sure, no problem....until she told me that she had just had her carpets cleaned and that I would have to take my boots off every time I came in. I wasn't going to take my boots on and off 15 times and I wasn't going to wheel 15 boxes into her house barefooted, so I told her that they could either stay out in the rain or she could throw a couple towels down on the floor for me to wipe my feet on. She was a real harpy that one.

soberups

I also had a lady scream at me once for tracking fresh dog crap all over her porch. I yelled right back at her that it was her dog's crap on her walkway that I had stepped in, and that maybe if she had done a better job of cleaning up after her dog the problem wouldn't have happened in the first place. I borrowed her garden hose to spray off my boots and her porch, and she felt bad about screaming at me and wound up bringing me a couple of fresh baked oatmeal cookies and all was right in the world after that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I look into my crystal ball, I see a Diad training coming soon about this, and possibly a Diad alert with this shipper's packages, if they are a large shipper and they complain enough. That is maybe why they left FedEx.

We had a PCM recently about the Dish Network returns. Seems they are getting upset when we put their call tags right next to the RS labels that they put in the box.

My personal best is 4 call tags on one package.

upschuck

We had a PCM recently about the Dish Network returns. Seems they are getting upset when we put their call tags right next to the RS labels that they put in the box.

My personal best is 4 call tags on one package.
Why would you put 4 CT on one package. One over the old label, the rest cancel.

shampoohorn

Had a customer who wanted me to bring his Total Gym through the living room and unpack it on the enclosed porch so I could throw out the box for him. All while he sat with his buddy drinking oat sodas and playing cards. Insert Chuck Norris joke:

Sent using a hand crafted Taiwanese Foxconn iPhone 5s