New delivery service?

margaritaville

had a delivery today to a nursing home for "mental" people... supplies for one of the residents, I left them at the nursing station. One of the nurses asked me to take it to patients room, told her "I'm sorry, I can't do that" she asked why... what I wanted to tell her " It's your fukin job, you want me to feed the guy too??" but told her, "my management told me that it's too much of a liability"

Your lucky u didnt go to the room. I delivered to one of those places and didnt realize what it was til i got to the room(no one was at the front desk). People were giving me a weird vibe as i walked to there. When i knocked someone said "its open." Then i opened door and some old lady with an arm it looks like she chewed up started saying jibberish to me. So i just set her package down and said thanks and booked it. The vibe was just disorienting and put me in a weird mood the rest of the day. Being a nurse at a mental patient place sounds like the worst job ever.

rod

Retired 22 years
Your lucky u didnt go to the room. I delivered to one of those places and didnt realize what it was til i got to the room(no one was at the front desk). People were giving me a weird vibe as i walked to there. When i knocked someone said "its open." Then i opened door and some old lady with an arm it looks like she chewed up started saying jibberish to me. So i just set her package down and said thanks and booked it. The vibe was just disorienting and put me in a weird mood the rest of the day. Being a nurse at a mental patient place sounds like the worst job ever.

10 point

We had a PCM recently about the Dish Network returns. Seems they are getting upset when we put their call tags right next to the RS labels that they put in the box.

My personal best is 4 call tags on one package.
We used to be able to scan the first label and then push "override" and scan the next label into the same package so that it showed two labels, 1 package. That's no longer an option.

Last edited:

10 point

Sat thru many hearings? Very similar. :)

Rainman

Its all good.
We used to be able to scan the first label and then push "override" and scan the next label into the same package so that it showed two labels, 1 package. That's no longer an option.
You can still scan up to four barcodes for a single package. I inadvertently do that occasionally when I deliver my Walmart.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
You can still scan up to four barcodes for a single package. I inadvertently do that occasionally when I deliver my Walmart.

Do you know how we do this? I keep freaking doing it and I have no idea HOW TO STOP FREAKING DOING IT!

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

I tried it a few weeks ago and it didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow but I couldn't get it to mesh together and put the asterisk by the shipper number signifying multiple labels existed.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I tried it a few weeks ago and it didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow but I couldn't get it to mesh together and put the asterisk by the shipper number signifying multiple labels existed.

It's possible I tell you! Do it at bulk stops all the time! I have no idea how!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Our center manager told us yesterday that moms meals was a big FedEx account that they lost and we got.
Hell in over 20 years at FedEx I don't ever recall them. If it was a big pain in the ass shipper I'm sure I would have celebrated Brown getting the account. More than likely your center manager is lying. Hard to believe I know (cough, cough.)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's possible I tell you! Do it at bulk stops all the time! I have no idea how!

It is very easy to do this. You would first scan the barcode that it is in EDD and, if there are any other barcodes on the package, you would scan them as well, which would add to the package count and would not show as an exception because none of those barcodes are in EDD.

You should only be scanning one barcode per package.

Hell in over 20 years at FedEx I don't ever recall them. If it was a big pain in the ass shipper I'm sure I would have celebrated Brown getting the account. More than likely your center manager is lying. Hard to believe I know (cough, cough.)
I really miss.Dell! Taking 50 at a time to a school,or office building.

oldngray

nowhere special
It is very easy to do this. You would first scan the barcode that it is in EDD and, if there are any other barcodes on the package, you would scan them as well, which would add to the package count and would not show as an exception because none of those barcodes are in EDD.

You should only be scanning one barcode per package.

But how do you know which barcode is in EDD? Without spending extra time checking numbers.

By The Book

And if its a package with more than 1 PAL? You CAN find out which bar code but it DOES take extra time. I did say without spending extra time looking.
Old, you would match the last 4 digits on the pal label against the barcode. Your right it will take extra time though. These pkgs. get in our system when shipper reuses box and doesn't take off old pals/barcodes. I did scan boxes into special counts at a bulk stop before. My Diad said I had like 4 left and I must of triple counted what I delivered. Man that had me scratching my head.