New DIAD, Good, Bad, or Ugly. Poll

Which Diad is better 4 or 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Borderline 9.5

Can someone please post a picture of the clip attachment? We were told they aren't available yet, and the holster seems to get in the way of the seatbelt.

I trimmed a diad iv pouch to fit the diad iv don't even notice I'm wearing it. I will say the the gloves may be a problem so the thumb may have to altered. I like that it is lighter and you don't need both hands to operate. I also thought having the signature in the same spot would be a problem but the customer grasps the diad differently and doesn't hit button.

Speedy Cerviche

Obviously I have no say in which machine I gently use for 10.5 hours a day, but if I did I'd go back to the IV in a heartbeat. Can't wait until I get to use it during mitten season. Those small buttons should be a breeze in winter gloves.

DS

Fenderbender
Obviously I have no say in which machine I gently use for 10.5 hours a day, but if I did I'd go back to the IV in a heartbeat. Can't wait until I get to use it during mitten season. Those small buttons should be a breeze in winter gloves.
Speedy,are you in Canada?

OptimusPrime

No new features, but the smaller footprint and less weight is very noticeable. Seems they cut several features that were once promised. One was a QWERTY keyboard. For a lot of us, the ABC version is bassawkwards. Also, wasn't driver to driver texting promised. Allowing meetups, etc without calling the center? Might have imagined that. Also, the camera. It has one. IIRC, was said it would be used for DR.

DiadDude

No new features, but the smaller footprint and less weight is very noticeable. Seems they cut several features that were once promised. One was a QWERTY keyboard. For a lot of us, the ABC version is bassawkwards. Also, wasn't driver to driver texting promised. Allowing meetups, etc without calling the center? Might have imagined that. Also, the camera. It has one. IIRC, was said it would be used for DR.

Although QWERTY was a feature requested by many drivers, it was certainly never promised for DIAD 5. There was an extensive on-road test performed in actual operating centers with real drivers that ruled out the QWERTY keyboard due to the very small and crowded keys it would require.

Driver to driver texting was never even on the table for DIAD 5.

The DIAD 5 does indeed have a camera and DR was one of the proposed uses for it. At this point the camera remains "a solution in search of a problem".