New DoT changes

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I went for my annual physical with my family doctor today and learned that the DoT made more changes this year (They're really becoming a pain in the butt).

1) Doctors can no longer give DoT cards to anyone who is a patient.
2) Doctors now have to register with the DoT and get assigned a medical examiner registration number, after going through a course which is time consuming and expensive.

Soo much for that.

Bottom rung

They're trying to eliminate the drivers that shop doctors to find one that will give them a card. There's a lot of truck drivers out there that shouldn't be given one and that's the feds way of stopping that. I was also told that chiropractors and n.p.'s would no longer be allowed to give the physical. Only doctors, not sure when this goes into effect. That info comes from a friend who works for a small trucking company. They had a safety meeting with the d.o.t. and their insurance guys.

STFXG

I used to get mine when I got my yearly checkup at my family doc. So I wouldn't have to pay for it. Now it's DOT certified only. Another PITA.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I would rather have the rubber stamp physical. I'm not getting paid to sit at that nasty ghetto clinic. The quicker the better