New DOT Physical Procedure

over9five

Staff member
Started today.

Your sup will give you the DOT card, same as always.

Go home, log onto upsers.com. Go to "My Life and Career", and then to the "View paycheck". There is a new icon "DOT or Respiratory Exams", go there.

The rest is self explanatory. Allow pop-ups. It will give you a list of approved providers, of which you will have to select one now. You'll have to answer all the questions you had to answer on the old form. You'll provide electronic signatures.

Have plenty of paper in your printer, it prints 10 pages (basicly, the same booklet we used to fill out).

Call provider, make appointment. As I don't live near my hub, I was happy to find that this online version gives you a lot more providers than the center knows about!

tourists24

Sorry,,, I will have to do this at work. And it will be on the clock if they arent going to provide the paperwork for us anymore. I am not spending one second more working for them than I have to. We had the same PCM.... they said it was ok...lol

thessalonian13

Started today.

Your sup will give you the DOT card, same as always.

Go home, log onto upsers.com. Go to "My Life and Career", and then to the "View paycheck". There is a new icon "DOT or Respiratory Exams", go there.

The rest is self explanatory. Allow pop-ups. It will give you a list of approved providers, of which you will have to select one now. You'll have to answer all the questions you had to answer on the old form. You'll provide electronic signatures.

Have plenty of paper in your printer, it prints 10 pages (basicly, the same booklet we used to fill out).

Call provider, make appointment. As I don't live near my hub, I was happy to find that this online version gives you a lot more providers than the center knows about!
What happens if you don't have a computer? Actually, I have not logged on to upsers.com in years. Got too frustrated when I had to change my password every time I logged in. Just too aggravating.

rod

Retired 22 years
I got paid for every physical I took for 30 years. They were always booked during normal working hours so they were done on the clock.

tourists24

This is for getting your paperwork now. Before you would go into work and collect your paperwork and take it to the doc and have them fill it out. Now UPS wants you to get the paperwork yourself.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There is no way in H-E- double hockey sticks I am going to pay for the paper, ink, electricity and give my time to do this.
I will be at my manager's desk, sitting in the BIG chair doing this, Thank you very much.

over9five

Staff member
Jeesh, some of you guys....

You're all sitting at a computer on Brown Cafe anyhow. Last night I opened another tab, and did it. Most of the info is already there. It took all of 5 minutes. OMG, I forgot.... I did have to walk into the other room where my printer is.

Cost of all that paper and electricity may have been 6 cents.
And you'd have to fill out the forms anyway.
And you get (HERE) 2 hours physical pay.

I'm sure if you want, the company will let you sit at one of their computers and do it. We were worried about people that don't have computers (???), and people that won't sign up at upsers.com. I'm still not sure what the latter will do.

Sorry I brought it up.

tourists24

You're all sitting at a computer on Brown Cafe anyhow. Last night I opened another tab, and did it. Most of the info is already there. It took all of 5 minutes. OMG, I forgot.... I did have to walk into the other room where my printer is.

I'm sure if you want, the company will let you sit at one of their computers and do it. We were worried about people that don't have computers (???), and people that won't sign up at upsers.com. I'm still not sure what the latter will do.

Sorry I brought it up.
Shame on you Over.... lol.... brown noser

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Sorry I brought it up.

Agreed. Big deal.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Sorry I brought it up.

It's just one more thing they expect you to do off the clock. That is why I don't like it. You didn't start it. They did.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If I had a functioning printer I dont think I would mind downloading the documents myself, but the printer I have has been on the blink for awhile and I lack the computer skills or patience to fix it. My normal method of dealing with balky electronics is to take them out to the range for a "12-gauge reformat" or a ".357 hard drive imprint" followed by a quick download to the "recycle bin".

Seriously, those of us who dont have computers or printers should still have the ability to take care of this in the office.

If I had a functioning printer I dont think I would mind downloading the documents myself, but the printer I have has been on the blink for awhile and I lack the computer skills or patience to fix it. My normal method of dealing with balky electronics is to take them out to the range for a "12-gauge reformat" or a ".357 hard drive imprint" followed by a quick download to the "recycle bin".

Seriously, those of us who dont have computers or printers should still have the ability to take care of this in the office.

We were told we will.

MobileBA

i think this is a ploy to get every upser to use upsers.com (their very successful web site), they need an online forum to brainwash us from(even more than at work) before this contract expires and we begin negotiating a new contract.

whiskey

Maybe he should get it checked at the clinic. Next thing you know they`ll want us to do our own prostate checks.

At my last DOT physical, the doc gave me two digital exams, using two different fingers. When I questioned him, "Is that normal procedure?" He said, "I thought you'd like to get a second opinion."