New DOT Physical Procedure

robot

Has A Large Member
Hmm...I've never been given paperwork by a supervisor. I've always just walked into a nearby Concentra and they provided all the paperwork.

Edit: I have to get my DOT physical done every two years.

TheKid

There is one thing that everyone needs to remember. It is our responsibility to keep our DOT cards in check . . . not UPS'

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
At my last DOT physical, the doc gave me two digital exams, using two different fingers. When I questioned him, "Is that normal procedure?" He said, "I thought you'd like to get a second opinion."

You know you are in trouble when you are getting the exam and you notice a hand on each shoulder.....:surprised:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
At my last exam, the doctor told me I needed more roughage.

So one of his nurses put on a black leather catsuit with a spiked collar and high heels, and took me into the basement and spanked me with a whip.

It was great. Now I go twice a week!

menotyou

bella amicizia
There is one thing that everyone needs to remember. It is our responsibility to keep our DOT cards in check . . . not UPS'

UPS is a DOT regulated business. Contractually, UPS is required to....

ARTICLE 20. EXAMINATION AND IDENTIFICATION FEES Section 1. Required Examination Physical, mental or other examinations required by a government body or the Employer shall be promptly complied with by all employees; provided, however, the Employer shall not pay for any time spent in the case of applicants for jobs, but shall be responsi- ble to other employees only for time spent at the place of examina- tion or examinations where the time spent by the employee exceeds two (2) hours, and in that case only for those hours in excess of said two (2). Examinations are to be taken at the employee’s home area and are not to exceed one (1) in any one (1) year, unless the employ- ee has suffered serious injury or illness within the year. Employees will not be required to take examinations during their working hours, unless paid by the Employer for all time spent. Employees shall be given reasonable notice of dates of examinations. For those drivers subject to DOT regulations who possess a valid medical certificate from a designated DOT provider, the Employer shall pay for any additional physical, mental, or other examinations required by the Employer to confirm the validity of the medical cer- tificate.

I believe UPS is required to notify us.

gatorgirl4

but what if you do not have access to a computer?? although i am fine, there are plenty of people who do not have a computer..once again, the company is being lazy! Bull:censored2:

thessalonian13

but what if you do not have access to a computer?? although i am fine, there are plenty of people who do not have a computer..once again, the company is being lazy! Bull:censored2:
I have a computer, but not a working printer. I will not buy a printer just to print out the DOT forms.

BCFan

as i understand it we have 2 people fired for letting their cards expire..... GUESS WHAT COMPANY CLAIMS....(big surprise) DISHONESTY what a crock..... BC (not buttered corn)

moreluck

golden ticket member
as i understand it we have 2 people fired for letting their cards expire..... GUESS WHAT COMPANY CLAIMS....(big surprise) DISHONESTY what a crock..... BC (not buttered corn)
Hey BC, Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope everything's OK ! B.C. (Be Cool)

Last edited:

Raw

Raw Member
Don`t understand that one, they can just go to clinic while they are working and get paid for it......

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
..once again, the company is being lazy! Bull:censored2:
Not lazy, cheap! Just like when they started asking everyone to call their sups when they can't make 9/5 or if they needed p/u help. It costs UPS money for every message they send you through the diad. And it costs them for every one you send back to them. If they can get you to use your cell phone or a customer's phone then they save money. Personally, I don't use my cell phone for UPS business. I make them communicate with me through the diad.
This is just another way UPS us trying to save money. If they can get every driver to print their own forms then they save a lot of money in the long run.