New DOT Physical?

Overpaid Union Thug

I've been hearing from drivers in three different centers in two different buildings that anyone over a certain body fat percentage and/or in combination with a neck measurement over so many inches and under a certain height measurement will have to be put on a "fat boy program" and will need to get a sleep study for sleep apnea. Has anyone else heard about this? Apparently in these cases the next DOT physical is done in three months instead of a year. You tall skinny bastards obviously don't need to worry if this is true but for those of us that are a little stocky and especially those that have been hitting the Popeye's Chicken value menus every day at lunch will have to be subjected to this. LOL!

I've been hearing from drivers in three different centers in two different buildings that anyone over a certain body fat percentage and/or in combination with a neck measurement over so many inches and under a certain height measurement will have to be put on a "fat boy program" and will need to get a sleep study for sleep apnea. Has anyone else heard about this? Apparently in these cases the next DOT physical is done in three months instead of a year. You tall skinny bastards obviously don't need to worry if this is true but for those of us that are a little stocky and especially those that have been hitting the Popeye's Chicken value menus every day at lunch will have to be subjected to this. LOL!
Better start eating,those Mcsalads.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Better start eating,those Mcsalads.
2014-11-02-20-24-13--1049809953.jpeg

You've Got Mail

I'm not sure if this was normal procedure, but did anyone else's physician see their, well, "packages?" I thought it was an underwear affair until he dropped that bomb on me.

rod

Retired 22 years
That was always part of the physical for years. It was only in the last few years before I retired that UPS made it optional. We had a Doctor that a few of us refused to take physicals with because he seemed to enjoy it too much. Thankfully our center manager would reschedule with a different Doc.

Kevin211

This is a problem we have as cdl holders....there is no law on the books YET to demand that a sleep study be done on anyone.
The "bmi" index is sooo far stretched that everyone will be required to get a study done.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's based off BMI and BMI is a load of crap. You can have 10% body fat and be obese according to BMI. It accounts for height and weight that's it.

I'm in the middle of the bone structure scale I would say. Even putting me in the large bone scale size though I would have to be 190 lbs to be healthy. To be 190 not only would I need to lose 60 lbs but my body would need to canabalize about 35 lbs of muscle. These ppl are idiots