New DOT Regulations

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
According to this it looks like we can go to exactly 8 hours before starting our 30 minute consecutive break.
gffgdhfgh-jpg.9662

That's funny as Management has a conniption if we use decimals instead of fractions in the hours totals.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wish 407 was my steward. " Hey 407, if you could come a little East this morning and help out a sister"............................
As it turns out I was Ok, but I had you in my pocket just in case. I was 160 late and didnt maintain my sporh. Wahhhhh. I gently said, if you think I am the problem and not your numbers, come ride with me, pack a big fat lunch, and dinner. If you dont want to do that, go look at Article 37. I am one of the oldest drivers. I went 92 miles instead of the 76 I had when you gave me my lock in. Its math bud, I cant fix it. Im beat, its Friday, cant you go talk to someone about lifting and lowering or something. He actually laughed and walked away.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Does everyone realize.... this only apply's to feeder drivers with a CDL ?

-Bug-

this is the reality, amazing someone has been fired for a law that DOES NOT apply to pkg car drivers, call your state dot,, i dont understand why our onroads are lying about fines

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
this is the reality, amazing someone has been fired for a law that DOES NOT apply to pkg car drivers, call your state dot,, i dont understand why our onroads are lying about fines

That is not accurate, it applies to all drivers of commercial motor vehicles regardless of license required:

Who Must Comply HOS Final Rule
Most drivers must follow the HOS Regulations if they drive a commercial motor vehicle, or CMV.
In general, a CMV is a vehicle that is used as part of a business and is involved in interstate commerce and fits any of these descriptions:

• Weighs 10,001 pounds or more
  • Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating of 10,001 pounds or more
  • Is designed or used to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) not for compensation
  • Is designed or used to transport 9 or more passengers (including the driver) for compensation
  • A vehicle that is involved in Interstate orintrastate commerce and is transporting hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placards is also considered a CMV

kingOFchester

And we wonder where the saying "Dumb truck drivers" comes from.

I think its time that we give up on trying to convince other drivers that the regulation does apply to package cars. No matter what facts they are shown, they will continue to believe what they choose to believe. Makes me wonder if they still look for a fat guy, dressed in red, with a white beard climbing down the chimney on Christmas.

Indecisi0n

Even if the law didn't apply to package which I still believe it does since we have had plenty of PCM's on it. How dumb are drivers for refusing to take a free lunch !?

And we wonder where the saying "Dumb truck drivers" comes from.

I think its time that we give up on trying to convince other drivers that the regulation does apply to package cars. No matter what facts they are shown, they will continue to believe what they choose to believe. Makes me wonder if they still look for a fat guy, dressed in red, with a white beard climbing down the chimney on Christmas.

​Like they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him relax and drink it for his federally mandated break by his 8th hour.

over9five

Staff member
It's the lunch runner and runner gunner philosophy. They will go to any length trying to believe that the law doesn't apply to them.
​Simply amazing.

Upsmule

It's the lunch runner and runner gunner philosophy. They will go to any length trying to believe that the law doesn't apply to them.
​Simply amazing.

Ok I'll bite. Simply amazing to me, that you believe the new rule applies to any of us. They don't give a rats ass about any of us. It's about covering their own asses. Again.

Upsmule

Again, it doesn't matter who must or must not comply. It's about a corporation covering its own ass while over loading the few employee's it has because it's cheaper than hiring more employees.

alwaysoverallowed

Ok I'll bite. Simply amazing to me, that you believe the new rule applies to any of us. They don't give a rats ass about any of us. It's about covering their own asses. Again.

The government is mandating this in the interest of public safety. We have drivers ignoring this rule too and I keep telling them if you get in an accident and your over your 8 it'll be your last day at UPS. There's nothing the unions going to be able to do for you when you break the law.

Upsmule

Something "runner gunners" will never have a problem with. ;) have a safe 12 hour day boys. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The rule, sorry LAW, applies to all drivers regardless of the color of the uniform. They are covering their asses because there's someone who'll kick it hard if they don't have their drivers comply.

Upsmule

The sooner I get home the sooner I can "safely recover" to do it all over again the next day. It doesn't matter jack ****** how or when I take a break in the back of that brown box on wheels. Don't know how you guys can stand it, but hey....again to each his own.