New DOT Regulations

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So if it has been struck down no for short haul drivers, why has ups not changed policy?

They have... Quietly.

I got pulled aside after a PCM one morning because someone watching a report in corporate said I took a lunch after 8 hours. The next week after the reversal I confirmed with my sup that it changed and have had to take a late lunch several times since and not a peep out of anyone.

M

MenInBrown

They have... Quietly.

I got pulled aside after a PCM one morning because someone watching a report in corporate said I took a lunch after 8 hours. The next week after the reversal I confirmed with my sup that it changed and have had to take a late lunch several times since and not a peep out of anyone.

Thanks for the info. Very hard to get answers up here bc almost everyone wants to be the smart ***. I took my lunch late Monday and no one has said anything either.

Not only are you violating the contract, by not taking your lunch. You may bein violation of state rules also! Take your lunch when you are supposed to! Give the guy on the bottom of the list a chance to work!

M

MenInBrown

Not only are you violating the contract, by not taking your lunch. You may bein violation of state rules also! Take your lunch when you are supposed to! Give the guy on the bottom of the list a chance to work!

nevermind got my answer. It's no state rule. And who is the guy at the bottom of the list?

M

MenInBrown

Per my contract it states meal periods are to be taken between the 4th and 6th hour on duty except: 1. In case of equipment breakdown and 2. Where no place to eat is accessible, the meal period is to be agreed upon. I have no where to eat on my rt. so I take my lunch when I'm suppose to.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
There is no state law in WI requiring a company to provide you a lunch break. I had no problem the last 3 months taking my 1/2 hour mid day. No Work was taken off me so it didnt create another job. I'm now back to breaking it up if it suits the situation.

Stran

Holy Toledo
They are no longer tracking this. Grieved for an answer and this is what I was told. Drivers have gone back to breaking lunch up into 3 -10's and that is fine. Management said they are not to announce the change. I take my 30 as 3-10's that works best for me.