New driver failure rate

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
IDK when i come home I am very quiet ....really dont like to talk much.....GF ....spouse....whoever doesnt really understand it......its nothing against them....its just where the job puts my mindset

My ex, who is an RN in the ER, needed an hour or so to unwind when she got home.

I always called it decompression time......

Thankfully, I no longer need it; I have learned (over time) to take off the yoke of ups and leave it in the garage. Once I open the door and step into the kitchen, I am completely at ease.

Future

Victory Ride

Thankfully, I no longer need it; I have learned (over time) to take off the yoke of ups and leave it in the garage. Once I open the door and step into the kitchen, I am completely at ease.
I am at ease completely once home .....just really Quiet

Future

Victory Ride

I am at ease completely once home .....just really Quiet

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Not to pay myself on the back but my center manager likes to send new drivers with me to give them a taste of what will be expected of them. Most if not all had no idea that this was the pace they would be expected to keep throughout the day.

Oh nice gig. The center manager is paying you 50 cents an hr for you training the new hires. Unless you are agreeing with your manager. Not to be paid to do his job. Then you'd be called their bitch. Your not a bitch. Are you?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Not to pay myself on the back but my center manager likes to send new drivers with me to give them a taste of what will be expected of them. Most if not all had no idea that this was the pace they would be expected to keep throughout the day.

Do you teach them to sign your name for packages or theirs, when the customer isn't there? Or sheeting nda's to avoid being late in the building?

Your center manager isn't too bright if you're the standard of integrity and methods he wants his rookies to replicate.

Still the narcissistic one there huh Dave?

km3

I was a blank slate when I started my 30 days. Talk about a miracle to have made it my first go round. It's important to be liked by the center manager and the center manager to want you as a driver. That's why it's important to be a good part timer and prove yourself there. If I hadn't proven myself the years as a PT'er, I may not have made it.

I had to work literally twice as fast my first week just to compensate for zero knowledge. Even the area was an area I had never even passed through before in my life making it that much harder.

They have to see that the potential is in the candidate even if you look like a loser the first week. All the stuff a driver eventually learns to do to save time he isn't doing at first. There's so many tricks to the trade that are learned later that's it's a wonder that any new driver ever finishes a day.

Speaking of tricks, when I was a helper last year, my driver would leave his seatbelt partially over the steering wheel whenever he went to the back of the package car or got out on my side. Anybody else do that?

I applied for this job with the intention of paying my way through school, but I did put my name down for a driving position. I'll jump on whichever opportunity presents itself first. But supposing I did get a call, every little tip helps. :)

Future

Victory Ride
Speaking of tricks, when I was a helper last year, my driver would leave his seatbelt partially over the steering wheel whenever he went to the back of the package car or got out on my side. Anybody else do that?

I applied for this job with the intention of paying my way through school, but I did put my name down for a driving position. I'll jump on whichever opportunity presents itself first. But supposing I did get a call, every little tip helps. :)
I dont but have seen a couple drivers do so

Orion inc.

I like turtles

I have a nice 45 minutes of drive time I use to let it go. Some good music, shift the car into sport mode on the dial, and let the road work away the crap. Usually no traffic and nice roads for some fun driving. By the time I back into the garage, I'm ready to be home and ups gets left outside my home where it belongs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's definitely not answer I was expecting. I was thinking the long hours, the constant harassment over stop counts and performance and, the intimidation tactics that probably do push people a little too far.
I know one guy that quit that literally just said. I don't think I'm very good at this job

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
yDzk0A.gif