New driver failure rate

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
yDzk0A.gif

You are killing it with these Wally.
LMAO.

P

pickup

I didn't do anything. He wanted it. He could have easily done it without me. I just wanted to give him the tools to be able to make it easier. What he chose to do with those tools was up to him.

You're far too modest. I understand exactly what you're saying . But as you said, you gave him the tools to be able to make it easier. Without access to those tools(which you provided) and his willingness to learn how to use them(that is obviously a key ingredient) , he might have hit a "wall" somewhere down the line.

I guess, what I'm saying , you helped the right person.

HardknocksUPSer

Not to pay myself on the back but my center manager likes to send new drivers with me to give them a taste of what will be expected of them. Most if not all had no idea that this was the pace they would be expected to keep throughout the day.
Of course, wouldn't every center manager want a employee to save the world, solve hunger, get sales leads, and still run two hours under?

wayfair

swollen member
We have a new driver that's training, one day last week he was doing a split run with 100 stops... he had over 50 seat belt incidents... smh

browned out

Nevermind the new drivers crashing and burning..how about the fact that in my center we have had 3 pt employees in the past 4 months go full time then quit before 30 days and go back to pt..we also have had 3 bid sheets for routes go unwanted bt any ft driver......

Bids are up year round in our center. Unfilled. The vast majority of young people do not have the work ethic to do this job. Some people tell us we are lucky to work at UPS. I give the HR number or website and tell them to get right on it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Bids are up year round in our center. Unfilled. The vast majority of young people do not have the work ethic to do this job. Some people tell us we are lucky to work at UPS. I give the HR number or website and tell them to get right on it.
Honestly I do t think it is necessarily the work ethic thing. Does part of it play into it? Yes, but My generation was told that if we went to college we would leave and have some extravagant job making a ton of money right away. Younger people see the job and think "Well I'm gonna be making more because of my degree in no time." When in fact it isn't true at all.

Grey

Nevermind the new drivers crashing and burning..how about the fact that in my center we have had 3 pt employees in the past 4 months go full time then quit before 30 days and go back to pt..we also have had 3 bid sheets for routes go unwanted bt any ft driver......

That pisses me off. I've been swinging for 15 months and want my own route so bad. We've had about 10+ routes go up and the newest driver to win one started in 06'! It's gonna be a decade before the 2014 guys win a bid!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That pisses me off. I've been swinging for 15 months and want my own route so bad. We've had about 10+ routes go up and the newest driver to win one started in 06'! It's gonna be a decade before the 2014 guys win a bid!
That's crazy to me. When had a guy qualify in October last year and was on a bid route in November.

Grey

That's crazy to me. When had a guy qualify in October last year and was on a bid route in November.

We have 94 guys give or take a few on disability. Probably 60 permanent routes that are in at least 4 days a few plus a few that are in only 2-3 times per week. We have swingers that started in the 90's. They pick and choose vacation bids. None of the somewhat new drivers win a vacation bid let alone get even close to a permanent route.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We have 94 guys give or take a few on disability. Probably 60 permanent routes that are in at least 4 days a few plus a few that are in only 2-3 times per week. We have swingers that started in the 90's. They pick and choose vacation bids. None of the somewhat new drivers win a vacation bid let alone get even close to a permanent route.
Wow that's crazy. Come summer we're spread pretty thin. Air drivers are essentially FT in the summer. Nobody else on the inside is interested.

SCV good to go sir.

Honestly I do t think it is necessarily the work ethic thing. Does part of it play into it? Yes, but My generation was told that if we went to college we would leave and have some extravagant job making a ton of money right away. Younger people see the job and think "Well I'm gonna be making more because of my degree in no time." When in fact it isn't true at all.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I ask because I was told the same thing growing up and didn't realize the truth until I was well into my baccalaureate program. It also seems to me that this myth continues to be perpetuated.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've been part time with the company for 8 years and have been debating on driving for awhile. I went to school 2 months ago and disqualified myself. It is not for everyone and drivers are hands down the hardest working people at ups. It is a very tough job. I've done driver helper several times and even went out with a driver all day for one day during the week long school.
I disagree, FT driving isn't as bad as other jobs at UPS. The downside is the M-friend overtime and not having a life, or seeing your family.