New Driver here

The Milkman

Hey everyone, I have one question regarding routes. I start officially driving full time next Wednesday coming up, and what I would like to know is that do they give your route before you start, or did you just get a route right on the spot once you started? I already talked to HR about that, and they said they will call me before this weekend to see what I have. Really hoping they do so I can get an idea of where I'll be driving at...but if not I'll know the day I start. I was also told that once I start, the first 3 days a driver sup will be with me on my route and then I'll be on my own. Has anyone gotten their route a few days before or on when they started? Much help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Your route will be what they tell you to do..Plain and simple....I finally got my bid route after about 8 yrs of being a split driver...And then sometimes they will yank you off them also because of your "Area Knowledge"...most times you will learn a route either cold or you may have a sup (who more than likely knows little of the area) for 1 day if lucky

Re-Raise

One of the new guys asked our driver sup if he was going to ride with him because he had never been on the route before.

The driver sup replied "What good would it do to have both of us out there lost?" and just walked away.