new driver pay rate question

vin

I agree that he shouldn't be afraid to file a grievance if he has to. I am just cautioning against doing so while he is on his probationary period. After he makes seniority they can't send him back to PT. Would they do that just because he filed a grievance? Hard to say, there are a lot of variables that can swing it either way and neither of us knows how they affect his particular situation. I am just erring on the side of caution.

opie

You could even try going to HR and explaining your situation. But as others have said, maybe wait till you make book. You already mentioned to management your concerns about your pay rate. I would document the dates and the steps you took on this issue.

cb1969

It is you inside rate till the driver progression rate passes your current inside rate. You need to file a grievance for each and every week that you are not paid at that rate. Plus put Article 17 penalty on each grievance. Then keep up with your progression to make sure that it stays correct as well. Some peoples progressions are correct others are not. Keep track of your time and what you do.