New Driver pay scale

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by John1480, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Package_Donkey14

Package_Donkey14 milk was a bad choice

Just finished my 30 day probation period and am wondering what is the starting pay for a full-time driver and what/when are the increases? Thanks
  2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Starting $16.10
    seniority $17.25
    12 months $18.45
    24 months $20.75
    36 months top rate
  3. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

I thought they started at $14.75.
  4. brownrod

brownrod Active Member

That was in the previous contract.
  5. Scuderia

Scuderia Member

What if you already make more than16.10 as a part-timer? Although $1 of my hourly pay is a bonus. When I become a driver will they deduct my bonus?
  6. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

You should stay at your current pay rate until the progression catches up. I also do not believe you will lose your $1.
  7. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

2 top pay air drivers came to my center in the same year. Driver A) kept his rate as air driver, Driver B) took a pay cut and is only making 17.25. Both came out this year. Driver B goes to Steward, BA and others and is given the run around.
  8. egrhoodlum

egrhoodlum New Member

I started driving for vacation relief in May. My starting wage was 16.05. Did not get Memorial day holiday pay. By July 4th I got holiday pay for Independence Day. Also got a pay increase to 17.25...
  9. ChadBrunn

ChadBrunn New Member

16.10?? Then why am I, as a TCD, making $26?
  10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I'd keep that under your hat.
  11. robot

robot Large Member

When I was a TCD they paid us 80% of driver top pay.
  12. Member

already been said that your pay rate freezes until progression catches up.

I do believe you get the raises twice a year though... I'm not positive as i'll probably get full time next year.
  13. Funfact

You do not get the 2 annual raises untill you make top rate.
  14. robbdogg75

robbdogg75 Member

I'm confused on the driver pay also because TCD pay here in South Florida is 80% of driver top pay also.
  15. McGee

McGee Well-Known Member

Dang, I should apply for the seasonal driver position... BUT its 43 miles away from me.. :( But I should be realistic, I can't talk to any of those drivers to see if any or a LOT are retiring...
  16. SpoolEmUp

SpoolEmUp New Member

when does someone get seniority? Im an off the street casual, passed my 30 day, am I seniority now?
  17. Funfact

Are you still a casual or did they hire you on as a FT permanent driver ??? IF your only a casual it doesn't apply to you. If They hired you as a FT permanent driver and you have driven 30 days you should be at $17.25.
  18. goetface

goetface New Member

Starting $16.10
    seniority $17.25
    12 months -$18.45
    24 months -$20.75
    36 months you owe UPS money.
  19. kdogg788

kdogg788 New Member

I thought drivers made 30 something an hour easy.

20. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

In our area, you do. You receive an increase that keeps you at 80% of top rate.