new driver with dwi

RoOkie

I recently got a first dwi in maryland and more likely my lawyer will get me the Probation Before Judgement (PBJ) my understanding is PBJ is like a probation until a certain time. After i pass the probation time it wouldnt be a conviction so how likely will it effect my job as a driver? By the way i let by boss know that i have a dwi already so at this moment im not driving but just a Helper. I havent got a court date nor a result yet. I know its stupid to get a dwi so please dont have to be mean i've learned my lesson and now i just want all of your thoughts or help i could get. Thank you!

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
can%20of%20worms.jpg

drewed

Shankman
Id have to say use the search bar, there have been some heated discussions read through those and seem if you want to ask that question again

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The following information is from the Maryland DUI/DWI statute website:

If you have been arrested in the state of Maryland for suspicion of a DWI/DUI there will be two different cases brought against you. The first will be the criminal case which is brought by the state of Maryland for your DWI/DUI.

The second is an effort by the Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles to revoke your license.

If your B.A.C (Breath or Blood alcohol content) was at or above .08, then you were considered legally drunk and charged with a DWI. It is important to realize that even if your B.A.C was below this limit you can still be arrested for DWI, if an officer deems your driving ability is impaired.

The following link explains Probation Before Judgement. The article is lengthy which is why I posted the link rather than the article.

http://www.mddwi.com/lawyer-attorney-1137410.html

I wish you luck but also advise you to face the real possibility that you ay have to seek employment elsewhere.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you were not yet convicted of the offense, why in the world did you TELL anyone?

BBAG, each January all drivers are required to fill out a motor vehicle certification form in which we are required to list all moving violations during the past year. If there are none, we are asked to draw a diagonal line through the form and write the word "NONE" and then sign and date it. Signing and dating the form indicate that what you have written down is truthful to the best of your knowledge. For example, I received a speeding ticket in Feb 08 and went to "Learn How to Drive School" to have the violation and points taken off of my license. I will list both the ticket and the reduction when I fill out the cert.

If new driver fills out his cert and lists NONE and UPS does an abstract search on his license he is screwed. He is putting the company at risk by not disclosing this information,not to mention the integrity issue of not disclosing this information.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
BBAG, each January all drivers are required to fill out a motor vehicle certification form in which we are required to list all moving violations during the past year. If there are none, we are asked to draw a diagonal line through the form and write the word "NONE" and then sign and date it. Signing and dating the form indicate that what you have written down is truthful to the best of your knowledge. For example, I received a speeding ticket in Feb 08 and went to "Learn How to Drive School" to have the violation and points taken off of my license. I will list both the ticket and the reduction when I fill out the cert.

If new driver fills out his cert and lists NONE and UPS does an abstract search on his license he is screwed. He is putting the company at risk by not disclosing this information,not to mention the integrity issue of not disclosing this information.
I knew someone would say it better than I could. Perfect!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you were not yet convicted of the offense, why in the world did you TELL anyone?

This is one of my pet peeves and I apologize upfront for this segway/hijack but I despise people who try to hide things that they know may end up biting them on the butt at a later time. Be a man/woman--do the right thing.

I related a story a while ago in which I helped out a fellow driver by taking 15-20 stops off of him. Well, turns out he had forgotten to give me a stop so rather than run it off he threw it in to a forever bag. They did a check in audit on his car and found the pkg. They asked him and he swore up and down that he had given it to me and that I had blown if off and put it in his pkg car as he had finished before me (that also pissed me off--he needed help but finished before I did). So basically he threw me under the bus in order to protect his job. For his efforts he earned nightly check in audits and increased scrutiny--all that for the 5 minutes that he saved by not doing the right thing and running off the pkg.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Forgive me - I was in no way at ALL trying to tell anyone to mislead anyone. Per what you wrote - "...each January all drivers are required to fill out a motor vehicle certification form in which we are required to list all moving violations during the past year. If there are none, we are asked to draw a diagonal line through the form and write the word "NONE" and then sign and date it...."

Believe me - the form asks not "..to list all moving violations...", but to list all convictions for motor vehicle violations.

Trust me on this - I am 100% positive on this point.

If I get pulled over today in PA for Drunk driving, speeding, going 270 in a 50, and tomorrow I have to fill out the UPS form? I can completely honestly write -NONE-, because I have not yet been found guilty in traffic court. This is PA / NJ, may be different elsewhere?

My point was - why go in and tell your sup you were stopped for a DWI if you may beat the rap?

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
You serious?

Not a fine line at all - black & white. Why declare yourself guilty when nobody else has (yet)?

Now if convicted, of course you declare it right away. If asked a question, I answer honestly, 100%. I know I can't drive if I have been convicted of a DWI, and would not hide it - that was not what I was saying.

Using your logic, if asked if ever convicted of a crime, I should write "No, never convicted. I committed a ton of B&Es, but was never caught"

It would be honest, but more information than requested, and does no good for anyone.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
BBAG is 100% correct.

If the form asks "have you been convicted of moving violations" and are within legal process for a DWI charge, or whatever it is, you would be lying if you listed the DWI charge!

A conviction is a conviction. If you have not been tried yet, nor found guilty, you are innocent. Plain as day.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
That is all I was saying - not advising to lie, cheat or mislead. Just answering the question truthfully.

With regards to the original poster - I again question why you would tell a sup you were stopped for a DWI? MAY BE DIFFERENT IN SOME STATES, but here, you keep your license & drive until you are found guilty in court.

Again - why shoot yourself in the foot if you may beat the rap? The OP is the only one in the world who has found himself guilty of DWI at this point.

New Englander

You serious?

Not a fine line at all - black & white. Why declare yourself guilty when nobody else has (yet)?

Now if convicted, of course you declare it right away. If asked a question, I answer honestly, 100%. I know I can't drive if I have been convicted of a DWI, and would not hide it - that was not what I was saying.

Using your logic, if asked if ever convicted of a crime, I should write "No, never convicted. I committed a ton of B&Es, but was never caught"

It would be honest, but more information than requested, and does no good for anyone.

Are you really this stupid?

My god.......