new driver with dwi

atatbl

WOW - Not being sarcastic - isn't that a violation of due process? They take your license when you are pulled over & before court?

Well then I apologize - I am simply going from what I experienced in PA & NJ, and assumed it was similar elsewhere. I should not have assumed it was similar everywhere.

ATABL - I apologized - that means I made bad. Here is where everyone else finds what kind of person you are. (You & I already know, right?)

lulz

atatbl

WOW - Not being sarcastic - isn't that a violation of due process? They take your license when you are pulled over & before court?

Well then I apologize - I am simply going from what I experienced in PA & NJ, and assumed it was similar elsewhere. I should not have assumed it was similar everywhere.

ATABL - I apologized - that means I made bad. Here is where everyone else finds what kind of person you are. (You & I already know, right?)

PA and NJ...... still wrong.......

Forget the game over...... just quit playing.

atatbl

Oops, while I was typing the above, he beat himself to it, showing what type of person he is.

Quick! ATABL, edit one of your posts again!!

OK.... I will give you a forum lesson since you are begging for it..... you cannot just indefinitely edit posts.....

Everyone knows I am not editing posts. You are just quoting what you choose. That is why it SPELLS IT OUT WHEN SOMEONE EDITS THEIR POST (or a moderator, lol).

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
BAC's are hard to beat. Pretty much, if you have a BAC of .08 they have you dead to rights and you will be doing the time for it. I am not speaking from experience. I have never had a DUI and don't plan on it. I did read some of the laws and some of the explanations and some of it is over my head. I am not a lawyer and don't understand all the legalese.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
BAC's are hard to beat. Pretty much, if you have a BAC of .08 they have you dead to rights and you will be doing the time for it. I am not speaking from experience. I have never had a DUI and don't plan on it. I did read some of the laws and some of the explanations and some of it is over my head. I am not a lawyer and don't understand all the legalese.

You cannot beat a BAC. You can only find fault in the process.

atatbl

Regarding your PM DBAG.... I am scared for you.... I really am. You start a thread telling everyone your leaving (1st stage of everyone knowing you are useless IRL). You then start gimmicking (2nd stage). You send me your private info (3rd stage). And now you are trying to lash out at me? I am not your problem! You are! Quit trying to antagonize someone online.

For everyone else, just think what would have happened had he sent his info to someone that cared what he had to say. What could they have done? Take this as a lesson, don't be foolish online.

DBAG..... I don't know when to say sorry.... I just know we will all be saying it for you.... CRYSTAL BALL-----> DBAG sends the same info to someone on a forum and tries to antagonize them the way he did me. This time though, they actually care what he has to say......

I cannot wait to read that thread. If it was anyone else, I would feel bad. DBAG, keep being troll food.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
And if the process is done correctly (99% of the time) you are guilty. I think this is the reason that licences are automatically suspended. They rarely have to give one back with egg on their face.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The point is that UPS will fire you if you don't disclose to them your DUI. Hiding the fact 3 months down the road will get you in hot water. Honesty is your only friend when caught breaking the law.

BBAG - I can see you are trying to use a loophole to circumvent the situation but bottom line is you would be digging your own grave.

The poster did the correct thing

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The point is that UPS will fire you if you don't disclose to them your DUI. Hiding the fact 3 months down the road will get you in hot water. Honesty is your only friend when caught breaking the law.

BBAG - I can see you are trying to use a loophole to circumvent the situation but bottom line is you would be digging your own grave.

I agree with you Heff. Guilty or not it is not a good thing to keep this from the bosses. God forbid I would ever end up in the same situation, But if I did I would report it immediately. Besides it seems to me I have read something somewhere that we are required to report it within 24 hrs anyway?????

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen

IF the law is that they pull you license when you are stopped for a DUI, of course you are right as is the original poster. When I received my DUI (Oct 10, 1999, also the last drink I ever had) they did not pull your license until you were found guilty, which was in court 2-3 months later. During that time, you were not guilty, and had your license. If it is still the same way here (and I am too full of turkey to confirm one way or the other right now) then I would stand by what I have said.

Anyway, Heff, Dill, I respect your opinions. We disagree, but that's life.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I was trying to look it up online for NJ and it says automatic 90 day suspension but it doesnt show a start time for it so I can see why you are misled.

The day after your DUI you are considered a risk for UPS. That is just life. We are professional drivers here. If you got caught vandalizing a brick wall then UPS would not care. You get caught with a DUI - best tell them when it happens

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I was trying to look it up online for NJ and it says automatic 90 day suspension but it doesnt show a start time for it so I can see why you are misled.

The day after your DUI you are considered a risk for UPS. That is just life. We are professional drivers here. If you got caught vandalizing a brick wall then UPS would not care. You get caught with a DUI - best tell them when it happens

It's 90 days from conviction in NJ and PA. You can drive until court.

With regards to your last sentence - I understand, but I can't say I agree.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Thank god most of us can understand that. KOQ was an awesome show.

My wife and I have all the dvds and actually watch one of them every night when we go to bed. It's kind of been a ritual for 4-5 years. I have them all memorized just about. Not surprisingly, I'm shaped much like Doug so thats why I chose the name. :happy-very: