New England pension fund = CRITICAL

anHOURover

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1434680471.333611.jpg

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1434680493.977975.jpg

Now that I have a few buddy's in NE I WANTED TO see what obrien is doing about his pension fund being "CRITICAL"
Can't blame this one on the late great Ron Carey!!
The floor is yours brother....

Every multi employer pension fund with the exception of the western conference of teamsters is in critical. A lot of union trucking companies have gone out of business I. The last twenty thirty years. Their employers don't pay into said funds anymore. Do you remember when all the mortgage and credit card lenders got a buy out? Republicans do not think people on a pension deserve a buy out. To secure their pensions.

Every multi employer pension fund with the exception of the western conference of teamsters is in critical. A lot of union trucking companies have gone out of business I. The last twenty thirty years. Their employers don't pay into said funds anymore. Do you remember when all the mortgage and credit card lenders got a buy out? Republicans do not think people on a pension deserve a buy out. To secure their pensions.
And once they are in critical, they out the money in safwr investments. So even if the market has a few good years you gain very little.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You admit that you knew that a lot of union trucking companies have gone out of business, yet what did the Old Guard do about it?

Cut future pensions to save these funds?.........NO

Cut future pensions for those employees from the out of business companies?..........NO

Go golfing with CEO's of companies still in business?.............YES

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Even more telling, neither did/do Democrats even when they controlled both houses and the President.

You admit that you knew that a lot of union trucking companies have gone out of business, yet what did the Old Guard do about it?

Cut future pensions to save these funds?.........NO

Cut future pensions for those employees from the out of business companies?..........NO

Go golfing with CEO's of companies still in business?.............YES
Why are your post taking so long to show up? It's really kind of weird. Are you okay!!!!

Oh yes it did. But my 401k has grown quite nice since then.
They should have made a few cuts back then.

It's a complete mess. Very depressing.
It wasn't legal to cut the pensions. That's what everyone was missing. The omnibus changed that. What we needed was a bail out. And congress isn't bailing out a bunch of retires or future retires. They do t care about us or them. There isn't enough money in it for them.

It wasn't legal to cut the pensions. That's what everyone was missing. The omnibus changed that. What we needed was a bail out. And congress isn't bailing out a bunch of retires or future retires. They do t care about us or them. There isn't enough money in it for them.
They could have cut the benefits to future retirees. But chose not too.

They could have cut the benefits to future retirees. But chose not too.
It wasn't legal. That's what you are missed my friend. The omnibus budget made it legal to cut it. The trustees didn't have the power to cut the plan. That's why the omnibus spending bill had to do it. Legislation was needed to make those cuts legal. Now it is. Members just aren't informed especially ups ones making 90g a year. The identify and I'm not saying you but most identiify with being a tea party republican. It's sad but look and read what I'm saying. It's how it really is.