New England pension fund = CRITICAL

Evil

Every multi employer pension fund with the exception of the western conference of teamsters is in critical. A lot of union trucking companies have gone out of business I. The last twenty thirty years. Their employers don't pay into said funds anymore. Do you remember when all the mortgage and credit card lenders got a buy out? Republicans do not think people on a pension deserve a buy out. To secure their pensions.

The problems is that the new crafts that are being organized by the old guard are not contributing to the pensions. There are currently three retirees receiving benefits for one contributing member. The old guard has had zero success in beating corporate America. When was the last time the old guard led a national strike? The word strike frightens Hoffa and all you old guard pukes!

The problems is that the new crafts that are being organized by the old guard are not contributing to the pensions. There are currently three retirees receiving benefits for one contributing member. The old guard has had zero success in beating corporate America. When was the last time the old guard led a national strike? The word strike frightens Hoffa and all you old guard pukes!
I agree on some of that. But the members are a also to blame. Only 38% voted on the contract. The IBT is really not worried what we think, unless we stand up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Every multi employer pension fund with the exception of the western conference of teamsters is in critical. A lot of union trucking companies have gone out of business I. The last twenty thirty years. Their employers don't pay into said funds anymore. Do you remember when all the mortgage and credit card lenders got a buy out? Republicans do not think people on a pension deserve a buy out. To secure their pensions.
The western conference is in good shape because there are so many different types of union trades that are a part of the overall fund. Even with tens of thousands of part-time and full time ups workers associated with the pension ups workers and trucking in general are a small part of the overall plan.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That Depression we had in 2008 kinda screwed this up a little. Just saying.
The markets did bounce back and even if the funds couldn't put 100% of the money in the stock market they should have had some in that game...Although it's probably more complicated and many people have a say on where the monies should be invested...are there outside entities that are associated with I vestments strategies or does the unions trustees have the final say..I have no idea?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why are your post taking so long to show up? It's really kind of weird. Are you okay!!!!
Maybe Donald Trump will be the man for us..He says that he wants to bring the jobs back to the US and that Mexico is full of drug thug murders and lots of rapists...but there are a few good Mexicans still there...lol

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The problems is that the new crafts that are being organized by the old guard are not contributing to the pensions.

That statement shows your ignorance, on organizing.

When was the last time the old guard led a national strike?

When was the last time there was a need for one ?

And what members were demanding it, and ready to walk ?

UPS ? Freight ?.... Pfft.

-Bug-

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The western conference is in good shape because there are so many different types of union trades that are a part of the overall fund. Even with tens of thousands of part-time and full time ups workers associated with the pension ups workers and trucking in general are a small part of the overall plan.
I would say we are in OK shape.

Projected 89% to 95% funded.

Good shape would be around 100% funded.

Great shape would be more than that.

Which is what I hope the trustees are shooting for.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

-Bug-

UPS, this contract.

Health care baby.

Worth fighting for.

But not even the hint of a strike outta Hoffa/Hall.

Funny how they felt the need to rally the rank and file with that NOT $9, NOT $90 crap.

Then they folded like a cheap suit.

anHOURover

That statement shows your ignorance, on organizing.

And what members were demanding it, and ready to walk ?

UPS ? Freight ?.... Pfft.

-Bug-
Obviously there was a need for one for package but your a old guard cheerleader so you are blind to the facts bug! 18 supplements don't get voted down because it was a "good deal" as the hoffa administration preached!

It was in the UPS retirement forum here on the board under monthly pension thread.
I'm with you. I think it's absurd.
Iam guys in my area get around 7000 a metric nth and they are shy about letting you know. When freight drivers bitch about us pulling out of the central states fund I let them know that a mechanic or maintenance guy get almost 7gs retiring from ups.