New England Pension Fund Vote

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Stink219, Sep 16, 2012.

1. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

Just had the vote for our new pension fund structure. 98.5% voted yes.
  2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Good news. I couldn't make it to the meeting yesterday in CT or this morning in Worcester.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Why would you have to drive so far? Why wasn't there a meeting in Springfield?
  4. Funfact

No, We had a informational meeting with are BA Tuesday morning about plan and the only 2 meetings to vote where the one in southern CT yesterday, and the one in Worcester this morning. I would guess that was because the majority of the the Upsers in New England are closer to those location.

Living in Pittsfield Worcester is a good hour and half from my house and the place in CT was even farther. I knew it was going to be a blowout, you would have to be and idiot not to vote yes it's a win win for both US and the company. So I decided to spend time with my kids this weekend.
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did they give you guys the option to vote at your local union hall or at work? I also would not have driven to Worcester for a vote that I knew was going to be a landslide.
  6. Funfact

No the only options where to go to CT or Worcester to listen to the pension people give there speech and vote. Like are BA who is a Upser said if he though we should vote no he would have said we all need to be there to vote.
  7. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

With 99% agree, must be a great structure, good luck....