New Fedex Express trucks

hey fedex express drivers. I work for express express in the sf Bay Area. Our station is getting these new electric trucks and I am just wondering how durable they are on hills and weather conditions. I just want to know before I decide to drive one or not. Are they safe to park on hills? Here is a picture how it looks:

image.jpeg

What are the good and bad on these trucks. These are the smith Newton step van

STFXG

Why wouldn't they be safe to park on a hill?

I hate electric vehicles. Would drive me crazy not hearing a motor all day. I want to hear it idling while I'm going in and out of businesses ;)

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I work for express express in the sf Bay Area. Our station is getting these new electric trucks and I am just wondering how durable they are on hills and weather conditions.
The hills probably won't beat them up too bad but I hear they tend to get stuck a lot in fog.

overflowed

If you have hills you don't want them, there is no parking gear. Stays in neutral and parking brake only for stopping. If you hit the brakes on a hill the drive train disengages and you start rolling backwards.

dvalleyjim

They'll be fine but not as powerful. They run about 50 miles on a charge. It's just good PR for the San Fran libs. The main thing is you and Fred are saving the planet. By the way, what happens too all the batteries that can't be recharged after 5 yrs? And windmills. don't they take acres of land and decimate the bird population?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
:bsbullf::group-hug:
They'll be fine but not as powerful. They run about 50 miles on a charge. It's just good PR for the San Fran libs. The main thing is you and Fred are saving the planet. By the way, what happens too all the batteries that can't be recharged after 5 yrs? And windmills. don't they take acres of land and decimate the bird population?

Bingo. Pure PR for the libs and so FedEx can be "green". We will never have more than a handful of these vehicles because they don't pencil out most of the time. Remember the Route 66 electric van a few years ago? This is the one that crossed the country, but most of the time in the back of a semi because it had so little range and power.

Another steaming pile from PR.

overflowed

What about if the truck was double parked on a hill and the emergency brakes was and rolled down the hill now that is a mechanical failure on the truck and e brakes
If you get one of these trucks be prepared to curb and choke the tires every time you get out of it. If what you're saying happened, you will be terminated.