New Fedex Express trucks

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Or the employee has their nose up the managers butt, OR they have something on management that protects them. I know of an employee who had a rollaway, several bad wrecks, refused to take a drug test as scheduled, and who quit and then was re-hired without loss of seniority because their paperwork hadn't been processed in Memphis.

You can't tell me that this person doesn't have some sort of H-bomb info that protects them.

I can say that it probably has more to do with your imagination than anything else. Very dramatic, though. You get a 10 of possible 10 points for creativity, but 3 of 10 for believability.

The company isn't going to retain a person like that for any reason, period, and definitely not for such a laughable reason as a paperwork snafu. I've been on the business end of such paperwork snafus, and the company response is "Oops."

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I can say that it probably has more to do with your imagination than anything else. Very dramatic, though. You get a 10 of possible 10 points for creativity, but 3 of 10 for believability.

The company isn't going to retain a person like that for any reason, period, and definitely not for such a laughable reason as a paperwork snafu. I've been on the business end of such paperwork snafus, and the company response is "Oops."

This person is currently an RTD, a 30-year employee, and has consecutive initials. I'm sure he is well-known and used as an example in management training.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because all Fred sees is dollar signs. He could care less about quality.

He will care about the wrongful termination and unsafe equipment lawsuits. Wait until one of them gets loose and runs someone over. Basic design flaw, signed-off knowingly by FedEx and put into service regardless of the danger to both employees and the public.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

And we'll give you a zero on believability for your comment.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
OK, I'm going to state the obvious. Why would anyone buy a delivery vehicle that cannot be safely parked on a hill?
Uh, your siblings at Fedex Dirt purchase Express derelict cast-offs that shouldn't pass a state or DOT inspection and put them into service....that's who.:glare:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Uh, your siblings at Fedex Dirt purchase Express derelict cast-offs that shouldn't pass a state or DOT inspection and put them into service....that's who.:glare:

I see a lot of ex-Express W700s at Ground along with a motley cast of mongrel vehicles, including a few that date back to RPS. The 700s are better than what they usually run...at least where I live.