New FEDEX Express

dex 84

The job itself isn't that bad. It sucks when the weather sucks and it can suck during the busy parts of the year too.

It's the company constantly trying to invent new ways to get you to do more for less that gets to people and is the reason morale is so low.

newfedexguy

Yeah I hear yahs its not all sunshine and stuff. Its just the constant negative attitude really wears on you. Also things like people been around for 7 years, and act like they don't know smile*. Everyone is clueless it seems.

Purple no more

New Guy... I applaud your enthusiasm for the Company. I was there, I bled Purple. But over the years more and more was taken, less and less was given. I got to the point where I hated going to work. I lost my love for the Company. I always said that when work stopped being fun and became work hang it up. So I pulled the plug, after 21 years. I wish the best for you and keep the fire my friend.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah I hear yahs its not all sunshine and stuff. Its just the constant negative attitude really wears on you. Also things like people been around for 7 years, and act like they don't know smile*. Everyone is clueless it seems.

People are negative for good reason. It usually takes a few years to figure it out, but some are quicker than others. This company is falling apart at the seams operationally, and it's readily visible to veteran employees.

You sound like a believer in Fred's PSP Rainbow Pony, which farts purple and orange glitter and wants everyone to drink all the free Kool Aid they want. Sooner or later, you'll get screwed over, and then you'll wonder why you were such a fool.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

That manager should be held responsible for that because it's a sign that he hasn't made the appropriate effort to keep that stuff in check. Can't eliminate all of it, but it can be kept at a level that it doesn't wear people down.

Don't get me started about the other part. There's nothing like a 15 year employee with all the answers and who nitpicks everything, then does something stupid like indirecting a DSR package and doesn't understand why it's wrong. Some act clueless because they don't have the balls to say they don't want to do something.

overflowed

I haven't been friend yet by management, or the company yet ....... but I have worked for Sikorsky helicopters, verizon, comcast, and a grocery store. No matter where I go I have made great friends learned a lot of different things, and generally liked my jobs, as much as you can. I know that its hard to find a company you will work for the next 30 years they just don't really exist anymore. Especially with no college, and no aspiration to manage. I'm a soldier not military just in mind set give me something to do, and I will do it.

The thing I like about the job so far is the insurance me and the wife are covered. Haven't used it yet so maybe it sucks, but its way cheaper per month and co pays then my last full time job. The freedom of driving on the road. The work out you get which is one of the first things that a positive guy said to me. I helped him fill a 700 to the gills with a bulk stop, and after we were all done he was just like alright man thanks this is my work out for the day, and im getting paid to do it. It was a good way to look at it when most are just complaining the whole day. The people for the most part except for a couple of C**** everyone is awesome at my station. even though some people hate each other for one reason, or another I get along with pretty much everyone.

My question for some people that hate the company, where else can you come in part time with full benefits at about 17 bucks a hour ??? only requirement is don't be a :censored2: clean driving record and don't do drugs.
You and your wife are covered for catastrophic coverage. You obviously haven't looked over the medical. This should be the worst thing you like about your "benefits"

Purplepackage

You have realize when youve worked here 25-30 years have a negative attitude is a product of the enviroment/things youve seen happen.

I once saw a courier basically stripped of his route on the belt in the morning because the senior manager never liked him and finally found a way to :censored2: him.

One time a friend of mine was given a decision day because he took a half hour break in the middle of a snow storm.

Keep in mind both of these guys have been here about 30 years now. Or how about a guy retiring and instead of filling his route they dump the entire route on his loop

Purplepackage

Wait i forgot, Guy goes out for a kidney transplant, is told his route will be there when he gets back.

Guess what, it wasnt. He ran FOs and basically nothing else before they could find him a nice extended route

bacha29

Some day when mrnewfedexguy gets a belly full of the ruthless X corporate culture he will look back on comments he posted and be embarressed at his naivete.

Purplepackage

If youre young enough go take a civil service test and become a cop. You wont make much more then you will at fedex but thats something to be proud of

MAKAVELI

If youre young enough go take a civil service test and become a cop. You wont make much more then you will at fedex but thats something to be proud of
That depends on what area you live in. Out on the west coast, straight out of the academy you can make over $100k with overtime.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You have realize when youve worked here 25-30 years have a negative attitude is a product of the enviroment/things youve seen happen.

I once saw a courier basically stripped of his route on the belt in the morning because the senior manager never liked him and finally found a way to :censored2: him.

One time a friend of mine was given a decision day because he took a half hour break in the middle of a snow storm.

Keep in mind both of these guys have been here about 30 years now. Or how about a guy retiring and instead of filling his route they dump the entire route on his loop

On the other hand, you have countless couriers who never make goal, are getting worse, and who pick and choose which stops they will take... that get away with it because management is scared to bust their :censored2:. So that makes up for the rest.