New Feeder IVIS

feeder05

We'll be receiving the new Feeder IVIS soon. What can you tell me about it. Is it easier? What about the new GPS system, not that I have anything to hide. Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

av8torntn

We'll be receiving the new Feeder IVIS soon. What can you tell me about it. Is it easier? What about the new GPS system, not that I have anything to hide. Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

They lock up daily, crash daily, legs of your run disappear daily. If I owned a company I'd pay whomever sold UPS that garbage whatever they wanted. He/she would make me very wealthy. Sometimes messages go through days after they were sent. If you send a message back nobody reads it and you still have to get on your phone to call them. Sometimes it takes minutes to go to the next screen after you hit TA. It always wants to update when you are trying to punch out.

I do local so I use it more than someone on the road will so you may not have as many troubles.

rod

Retired 22 years
Its about time they started keeping closer tabs on the feeder department. They boys have been getting away with murder for years. :upssmiley:

P

pickup

no more smart card. You use your employee id number to punch in where you normally punch in and use the employee number to log on to the ivis.

Everything that av8torn said is absolutely true.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Its not that hard to figure out, I think it's better,no more plastic card to put in and out!! Sometimes you have to move around yard a bit to get a signal till they work out the kinks.. Draw back so far is other activities,you have to go slow punching in that stuff or it will make mistakes. On the whole,it took me a few days to get used to it ,but it's not bad. The GPS from what I see,will show where you are but not if your moving or not,like you I have nothing to hide so it wont affect me either !!!

They will shortly tell you of a new plan called Driver Mapping. Yes that GPS will show where you are and where you've been. Any little excursions or excess breaks that may have been taken should end now. They do know at the click of a mouse. If you're clean you good. The ones that aren't won't last long.

brett636

Think of it as a pay raise. As av8torn stated its slow, prone to failure require rebooting, and sometimes is just downright useless. The time you spend on the clock trying to get the thing to work right will damn near put your kids through college. :)

horseplayer

I prefer it overall...no more data cards and if you do need to reboot for some reason, you'll end up back where you left off...no more recreating your day on a time card because of an IVIS malfunction. I really can't speak to the GPS tracking...I guess it may catch a few bad eggs but I'd like to think most drivers are pretty clean anyway.

outta hours

Like already stated ,it locks up or freezes often. Here we end up on paper more often than not. It causes many time card errors. Our OMS hates all the extra work it has created for her.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
They haven't even gotten these things close to what they are designed for. When they are up and running 100% there is supposed to be no more calling in and out. Just hit leave when you head to the gate and they are supposed to automatically bring you in when you hit TA at a hub or center and then tell you where to spot your boxes. It'll probably be years before they get them up and running as they were designed.