New Feeder Tractors?

brown67

I see a lot of new package cars coming in, but wondering if feeders is getting any new tractors. Day cabs not sleepers. Heard that UPS is buying new International Pro Star day cabs, but haven't seen any here in Denver. Wonder if UPS would go to auto shifts like a lot of other companys are doing?

tae111

I had heard Sterling was going to stop making tractors. A few months back I saw a new International Pro Star come into our yard from another district. Haven't seen the freightliners yet up here.

iowa boy

We have had both single and tandem axle Sterlings and now we have a newer Mack running around where I'm at.

outta hours

I'll take a Mack Vision.

shifter.jpg
Don't you miss it??
shifter.jpg

Highwayman

I drove a new Prostar it was very noisy inside running down the road. Had my choice between it and Sterling(Nov 2008) took the Sterling. Quieter and both had 10 speed manual trans. The new Macks are Pinnacles good power and quiet inside.I didn't have this as a choice though. I heard next new ones would be Freightliner Cascadias.:happy-very:

rushfan

I would love to see the Freightliner Cascadia. Right now, we still have a lot of CH-600's. I would rather drive a CH-600 than those damn Internationals. We have a couple of the Mack Vision tractors. Yes, they are quiet, and the lights on them are the tops. The Cummins ISX engine is not reliable. I really don't care if the ISX breaks down. I'm not an owner/operater/mileage driver. I've never driven a Sterling. I just missed out driving the old Mack Cabovers. We had one left that went to get crushed right after my training. I heard a person could stretch out and have a decent nap in the international cabover or was it the Mack? I love to hear the stories about those and the diamond rio's.

We still have that type of shifter. Everytime Salt Lake Hub got a new shifter, they would send us their POS shifter. Now, thank goodness, we are not Utah's B*TCH anymore.