New Female Feeder Driver Needs Some Advice

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
There's always gonna be sexist jerks out there, sadly it'll probably never end. All you can do is try to not let it affect the job you do. Just like there will always be idiot drivers out there on the road. No sense complaining about them because they will always be there. All we can do is drive defensively.

Last edited:
B

BrownCubster

From my experience ALL new feeder drivers are scrutinized until they have proven themselves. All you have to do is your job the best you can. Don't be afraid to ask questions even if you think they are dumb. Most feeder drivers are very professional and want to help. The mechanics I have known are top rate and always willing to help new drivers. ask questions.

You have probably learned by now to ignore the jerks and hang out with the good guys. I have had managers and drivers hit on me even though I am married. You probably have experience with that . You did not mention if you came out of the building or package cars or how long you have been with the company.

The best thing to do is keep a low profile at first and do the best job you can. BTW, I am a retired feeder driver so if you have any personal questions you want to ask in private you can start a " conversation." ( click the inbox )

good luck.
Thank you very much for your insight. I have had other feeder drivers at work tell me the exact same thing. All I am going to say about my experience is that I have paid my dues before going into feeder.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
That hasn't been my experience. that is why i posted this question. would like to hear from other women feeder drivers.

I disagree. I think there is a vocal group who don't believe women belong at UPS. Usually the women run circles around those guys.

Maybe in the smaller hubs. You don't see that in the big hubs. People just want someone who do their job and not make their jobs harder.

Grow really thick skin. Sadly it's a component of working here or you won't survive.

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Thank you very much for your insight. I have had other feeder drivers here tell me the exact same thing. All I am going to say about my experience is that I have paid my dues before going into feeder.

Old road is not a retired ups feeder driver. She is someone who reads BC a lot and adapts others stories and experiences as her own. Her stories at ups are so outlandish that she has been proven to be a serial liar on here.

I would take anything she posts as a vague statement.

Ask @Johney. He knows feeders

Johney

I disagree. I think there is a vocal group who don't believe women belong at UPS. Usually the women run circles around those guys.
The only people I have ever heard moan about woman at UPS were some old school male supervisors. They really moaned when one got promoted,forget about it if one got promoted above them.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The only people I have ever heard moan about woman at UPS were some old school male supervisors. They really moaned when one got promoted,forget about it if one got promoted above them.
My experience has been different. But then again, I haven't spent the majority of my time in the civilized world.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I don't know how many actual feeder drivers have responded so far, but I can vouch for me. There were probably 6 or 7 female feeder drivers in my center of about 125. any new feeder driver who comes into this department (m or friend) has to prove to the other drivers and managers that they can do the job. Like someone said, there is no such thing as a dumb question. Feeder drivers are a close bunch, and take care of their own. They are the most helpful group I've seen at UPS. Just do your job, don't whine about how you broke a nail or got 5th wheel grease on your shirt. Don't hang around the dolly pad waiting on some guy to drive by to pick up and move your dolly for you. Respect is earned. The ladies I worked with for 28+ years that I was in feeders were my equal, and some could work circles around some of our guys. You will be just fine. Good luck to you.

B

BrownCubster

I don't know how many actual feeder drivers have responded so far, but I can vouch for me. There were probably 6 or 7 female feeder drivers in my center of about 125. any new feeder driver who comes into this department (m or friend) has to prove to the other drivers and managers that they can do the job. Like someone said, there is no such thing as a dumb question. Feeder drivers are a close bunch, and take care of their own. They are the most helpful group I've seen at UPS. Just do your job, don't whine about how you broke a nail or got 5th wheel grease on your shirt. Don't hang around the dolly pad waiting on some guy to drive by to pick up and move your dolly for you. Respect is earned. The ladies I worked with for 28+ years that I was in feeders were my equal, and some could work circles around some of our guys. You will be just fine. Good luck to you.
Thank you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

just amazing the coincidence that a female feeder driver who's faced discrimination would start a thread about it and then personally know old road and who she is and speak highly of her after talking to her?

Too many "coincidences" for logic

Is it really that big of a deal? This version has yet to make any boastful claims that she can't possibly back up with truth.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
It's a damn shame if that is the case. I'm on gaming forums and have seen plenty of folks create alternate accounts there and try to manipulate people. Never thought that kind of childish crap would go on here though. IF that is the case, of course.

To add on to that, in the IM she says that she saw her in the hub and that she was pretty well known and respected. Isn't that the same problem you were just complaining of, that you get no respect as a female driver? Why not just ask this same well known and respected female feeder driver how she got to her status, instead of creating a thread about it?

It's really not a big deal, but after the IM Orion'sBFF posted it does make you wonder.

Last edited: