New fiscal year

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by DRAisawesome, May 23, 2014.

1. DRAisawesome

DRAisawesome Active Member

What will be the first to be cut?

I think fingers if you don't hit your RTB.
  2. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Could be anything since common sense management was cut out years ago.
  3. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

I'm thinking they will cut OT over 8 and make it OT over 40. They would save a lot of money in areas where volume is down and people are getting their minimum.
  4. FedExRookie

FedExRookie Member

This is a rare thing and it cost FedEx a lot of money. I just filled in for a guy that stays at a location at 12 hrs a day 4 days a week.

That cost FedEx 16 hrs of OT a week, if they went the "normal" way of doing OT they would only incur 8 hours of OT a week.

Appreciate you making a informative post rather than what this board is full of.

Since it's my last summer here, I figure I'd pick up extra hours whenever I can. Internship ends in July, and I start permanent at the place i've been interning soon! woot woot!

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

The " normal " way of doing ot in ca is over 8 and over 40. FedEx can't change it, it's ca law. And I would guess many states have similar ot laws.
  6. Myort

Myort Member

I think the reason they keep it is to be consistent with places like CA.
  7. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Rumor is there will be another push to cut scheduled FTE's like they did last summer.
  8. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

The guy you filled in for is a 5/8, I'll assume. If they paid him OT after 40 hours, he would still get 16 hours OT (4x12=48+8=56 hours). If they started making stations cut back on OT, he would be going home after an 8 hour shift. If he's 4/10, he gets 8 now and will get 8 if it changes.

We have people like that in my station. PT'ers working 50-60 hours, FT'ers working 10-12 hours on Saturday, etc etc. I keep telling them, don't get used to the hours, they won't be there forever. For me? me my guaranteed 35 and I'll gladly go home at 2:00.
  9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

In my state, OT has to be paid after 45 hours in a week.

Think back to the last legislative session, there was a push in some state legislatures to eliminate state OT rules. I would not be surprised at all to see a similar push next year and would be willing to bet that it is ALEC legislation (in which case, we should expect to see it in every state that has a red majority.)

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

That would never happen in California. Another reason to live here. I would think your state would have to follow the flsa mandate of 40 hours.
  11. FedExRookie

FedExRookie Member

No, the customer location is closed on Fridays. They have never been open more than 4 days in a week in the past 3 years from what one of their employees told me.

He is schedule for 4x10 but they always work between 11 to 12 hours a day.
  12. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

OT for a 4/10 route is paid after 10 hours, not 8.