New fiscal year

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm thinking they will cut OT over 8 and make it OT over 40. They would save a lot of money in areas where volume is down and people are getting their minimum.

FedExRookie

I'm thinking they will cut OT over 8 and make it OT over 40. They would save a lot of money in areas where volume is down and people are getting their minimum.

This is a rare thing and it cost FedEx a lot of money. I just filled in for a guy that stays at a location at 12 hrs a day 4 days a week.

That cost FedEx 16 hrs of OT a week, if they went the "normal" way of doing OT they would only incur 8 hours of OT a week.

Appreciate you making a informative post rather than what this board is full of.

Since it's my last summer here, I figure I'd pick up extra hours whenever I can. Internship ends in July, and I start permanent at the place i've been interning soon! woot woot!

MAKAVELI

This is a rare thing and it cost FedEx a lot of money. I just filled in for a guy that stays at a location at 12 hrs a day 4 days a week.

That cost FedEx 16 hrs of OT a week, if they went the "normal" way of doing OT they would only incur 8 hours of OT a week.

Appreciate you making a informative post rather than what this board is full of.

Since it's my last summer here, I figure I'd pick up extra hours whenever I can. Internship ends in July, and I start permanent at the place i've been interning soon! woot woot!
The " normal " way of doing ot in ca is over 8 and over 40. FedEx can't change it, it's ca law. And I would guess many states have similar ot laws.

!Retired!

The guy you filled in for is a 5/8, I'll assume. If they paid him OT after 40 hours, he would still get 16 hours OT (4x12=48+8=56 hours). If they started making stations cut back on OT, he would be going home after an 8 hour shift. If he's 4/10, he gets 8 now and will get 8 if it changes.

We have people like that in my station. PT'ers working 50-60 hours, FT'ers working 10-12 hours on Saturday, etc etc. I keep telling them, don't get used to the hours, they won't be there forever. For me?....pay me my guaranteed 35 and I'll gladly go home at 2:00.

barnyard

KTM rider
The " normal " way of doing ot in ca is over 8 and over 40. FedEx can't change it, it's ca law. And I would guess many states have similar ot laws.

In my state, OT has to be paid after 45 hours in a week.

Think back to the last legislative session, there was a push in some state legislatures to eliminate state OT rules. I would not be surprised at all to see a similar push next year and would be willing to bet that it is ALEC legislation (in which case, we should expect to see it in every state that has a red majority.)

MAKAVELI

In my state, OT has to be paid after 45 hours in a week.

Think back to the last legislative session, there was a push in some state legislatures to eliminate state OT rules. I would not be surprised at all to see a similar push next year and would be willing to bet that it is ALEC legislation (in which case, we should expect to see it in every state that has a red majority.)
That would never happen in California. Another reason to live here. I would think your state would have to follow the flsa mandate of 40 hours.

FedExRookie

The guy you filled in for is a 5/8, I'll assume. If they paid him OT after 40 hours, he would still get 16 hours OT (4x12=48+8=56 hours). If they started making stations cut back on OT, he would be going home after an 8 hour shift. If he's 4/10, he gets 8 now and will get 8 if it changes.

We have people like that in my station. PT'ers working 50-60 hours, FT'ers working 10-12 hours on Saturday, etc etc. I keep telling them, don't get used to the hours, they won't be there forever. For me?....pay me my guaranteed 35 and I'll gladly go home at 2:00.

No, the customer location is closed on Fridays. They have never been open more than 4 days in a week in the past 3 years from what one of their employees told me.

He is schedule for 4x10 but they always work between 11 to 12 hours a day.

!Retired!

No, the customer location is closed on Fridays. They have never been open more than 4 days in a week in the past 3 years from what one of their employees told me.

He is schedule for 4x10 but they always work between 11 to 12 hours a day.
OT for a 4/10 route is paid after 10 hours, not 8.