New Flavor of the month

brownrod

I love it when they do this. They add random splits and areas just to keep you at a certain number of stops and then they don't even consider the mileage the extra areas and NDA's will add. I love it when I get 11-12 hour planned days. Cha ching. I was sent out with a 188 mile 13 hour planned day a couple years ago. LOL.

satellitedriver

I love it when they do this. They add random splits and areas just to keep you at a certain number of stops and then they don't even consider the mileage the extra areas and NDA's will add. I love it when I get 11-12 hour planned days. Cha ching. I was sent out with a 188 mile 13 hour planned day a couple years ago. LOL.
Years ago?
3 days this week I was dispatched with a 13hr day.

I refuse to work more than an 11hr day, so they magically send help.
9.5 grievances are a joke here. They-(UPS)-gladly pays the extra money to meet the cars on road numbers.
I am nearing my end game, so I take this job/career one day at a time.
59yrs old, 26yrs in. Totally debt free.
As of 06/30/2012, I have made $45,168.00 this year.
Some people can do this job/career and still have a life,
and some can not.

thessalonian13

Well here is the latest attempt to cut down routes to the bare minimum. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it too.

Instead of planning our routes with a planned stops per car based on dispatch numbers, mgt is taking past performances on all routes and planning them based on a 9.5 paid day. In other words if it is calculated that a driver has been able to run 150 stops in the past and make it in right at 9.5, then this is what the goal is......
Our center is a total disaster LOL They have a van doing pickups in 2 different centers now... Last friday, most drivers came in after 830pm with a few coming in after 9pm. We have an 8pm curfew. My day usually consists of doing my route and part of another driver's route, then covering pickups off 3 other routes that they are scrambling to cover every night. It's like "keystone cops" in our center every night. LOL

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Is it common for them to cut a route after the loader has already loaded the truck?
Yeah, then they get a safety guy to take the stops to all the other drivers that the truck was add cut to. This isn't fiction because it happens at least two times a month in Roswell center. Of course the driver does not have a DIAD and all time is coded out as safety as to not have another "driver" on the books. This is why using your cell phones to contact management or their "do boys" is key. This can not be grieved as an hourly is "doing the bargaining work", how they code it is their problem.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Years ago?
3 days this week I was dispatched with a 13hr day.

I refuse to work more than an 11hr day, so they magically send help.
9.5 grievances are a joke here. They-(UPS)-gladly pays the extra money to meet the cars on road numbers.
I am nearing my end game, so I take this job/career one day at a time.
59yrs old, 26yrs in. Totally debt free.
As of 06/30/2012, I have made $45,168.00 this year.
Some people can do this job/career and still have a life,
and some can not.

When I get to your age I'll be able to hit this quote again and just put, "Me too". I know a lot of people that won't be able to.