New FT vacation ?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tookalmost12, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Tookalmost12

Tookalmost12 New Member

I am about to win a FT bid finally after almost 12 years as a PT. Somebody had made mention of not being able to use my remaining vacation days. I took it to mean that I had to work my vacation weeks. Is this possible or just smoke?
  2. It's different everywhere. Here you get to take it,you just get paid at your old rate.
  3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

White smoke or black?
  4. billerz

billerz Active Member

They will pay you out on your vacation at your part time rate. You will still be able to take it when it was scheduled.
  5. Number24

Number24 #24

6. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

Congrats!!! Thats a long time to stay part time. I wish you the best of luck. Where I am they pay you out as soon as you make your 30 days at your part time rate. Check though it is different everywhere. Good luck.
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Here you wait a year
  8. Brownslave688

And you'd know how?

You don't obviously
  9. Number24

Number24 #24

What are you talking about?
  10. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

Good job sticking it out 12 long years! I only had to preload for 5 years and that seemed like an eternity
  11. Mr. Marshall

Mr. Marshall New Member

Yes when I went fulltime they paid out my vacation and I wasn't allowed to take any for a year. My boss was nice and allowed me a long weekend a couple of times to head to Vegas because a year was way too long to be without vacation time for me.
  12. Brownslave688

You said his management team was blowing smoke.

You obviously don't have a clue.
  13. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Working the hardest job at UPS makes him miss a few things now and then.
  14. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Your pt vacation will be paid out and you will have to wait a year for vacation. I know it happened to me
  15. Tookalmost12

Tookalmost12 New Member

Thank you for all the responses. I have to wait a year for the vacation time off. I will just have to make do with the pay out.