New full time management

trance

I'm a recently promoted full time sup of an inside operation. I work for an old school center manager that manages by temper and fear. My question all around is what good methods of trickle down filtering have you seen. I don't manage my people by fear, my results are good for it, I just have trouble taking the message and conveying it without the threats.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm a recently promoted full time sup of an inside operation. I work for an old school center manager that manages by temper and fear. My question all around is what good methods of trickle down filtering have you seen. I don't manage my people by fear, my results are good for it, I just have trouble taking the message and conveying it without the threats.
Your attitude will change shortly
Thanks for playing

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Let drivers do their job of delivering, pissing off drivers by being like your center manager just makes them dislike you more, file more, and less production. The old school methods of fear and intimidation work short term, long term it makes employee's bitter, defensive, and a pain to work with, ask my sup.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Let drivers do their job of delivering, pissing off drivers by being like your center manager just makes them dislike you more, file more, and less production. The old school methods of fear and intimidation work short term, long term it makes employee's bitter, defensive, and a pain to work with, ask my sup.
I don't need to.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
So, your center manager uses fear and temper to manage and motivate his/her employees. You say you don't manage that way. If your boss tells you to treat your employees his way or the highway, how you going to react? You willing to throw away 10 years?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've been in management for 10 years, I have zero intent on allowing that change.
Come back in a couple years and tell us how your doing
I wish you well but I've seen to many young gung ho supes try to do the right thing only to have the center manager or DM kick"em in the ass until they change the way they think
Jmo

trance

So, your center manager uses fear and temper to manage and motivate his/her employees. You say you don't manage that way. If your boss tells you to treat your employees his way or the highway, how you going to react? You willing to throw away 10 years?
He tells me it every day, I produce the desired results and let him cave my head in before I go and handle the problems my way.