New full time management

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Every operation I've run, when the employees buy in they flourish, I implement recognition programs for Safety service and productivity. Get everyone excited about being successful. It makes for a hell of a good time.
Oh Brother
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1433619108.329479.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm a recently promoted full time sup of an inside operation. I work for an old school center manager that manages by temper and fear. My question all around is what good methods of trickle down filtering have you seen. I don't manage my people by fear, my results are good for it, I just have trouble taking the message and conveying it without the threats.

You start at $175k or $195K?

trance

Wow there sure are a lot of good-hearted, misunderstood sups and managers who only want to do the right thing on the forum lately.
Let me guess... You are good cop.
Perhaps a bunch of bitter POS hourlies will beat up on you and create sympathy for management?

It is the same game they play at work.

Is UPS trying to play the social media game, since no one would play in their sandbox on their site?

I could be wrong, my apologies if so.
I actually came on here for some advice a while back and now i stay Here for Insight. It's amusing as hell.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Rofl, full time sups start between 60-80k
You know if you were a full scale driver they would most likely start you off in management at least what a full scale driver makes you do know that right? They did that to my buddy whos a fulltime supe in another center now. They never told him that and lowballed him big time. He makes more than us now but they screwed him in the beginning cause he only drove 30 days.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The big differnence is drivers see the real reality of the job, and supes see the real reality of the job but turn the other way from the truth and have no choice but to roll with the lies thats sent to them from upper upper management. Sad but true but if thats how you want to roll i feel for you dude cause you could be a super cool dude but have to play their bs lying, cheating and stealing game that they have to play cause their jobs are on the line because of it.

trance

You know if you were a full scale driver they would most likely start you off in management at least what a full scale driver makes you do know that right? They did that to my buddy whos a fulltime supe in another center now. They never told him that and lowballed him big time. He makes more than us now but they screwed him in the beginning cause he only drove 30 days.

I skipped over driving, it's proven to be a hell of a setback so far. But I now rep the sort I started in and have done some really good things. My people respect me most of the time and the results are self evident of it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I skipped over driving, it's proven to be a hell of a setback so far. But I now rep the sort I started in and have done some really good things. My people respect me most of the time and the results are self evident of it.
Nobody is saying your not a good dude or have the skills to do the job, its just the constant BS your going to have to endure in management that's going to suck for you. Their going to make you do things that you know aren't right, aren't fair, aren't humanely possible and theres nothing you can do about it and it may go against everything you stand for, believe in and know to be true or possibly physically possible to do or not to be done. At least if your a driver you have a foot to stand on through the grievance process if you know something is not right or done shady and dishonestly. Your not going to be able to do anything about it and if your that guy that has a back bone and stands up to them, youll quickly be seen out the door and out of the company, and guess what if you get fired in supervision? THERE AINT NO COMING BACK YOUR GONE FOREVER, that's the reality of it dude.

trance

Nobody is saying your not a good dude or have the skills to do the job, its just the constant BS your going to have to endure in management that's going to suck for you. Their going to make you do things that you know aren't right, aren't fair, aren't humanely possible and theres nothing you can do about it and it may go against everything you stand for, believe in and know to be true or possibly physically possible to do or not to be done. At least if your a driver you have a foot to stand on through the grievance process if you know something is not right or done shady and dishonestly. Your not going to be able to do anything about it and if your that guy that has a back bone and stands up to them, youll quickly be seen out the door and out of the company, and guess what if you get fired in supervision? THERE AINT NO COMING BACK YOUR GONE FOREVER, that's the reality of it dude.

There's misconception there as well, the HR department and the EDR process are tools that help management preservers as well. It's not as easy to get fired as people seem to think

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
There's misconception there as well, the HR department and the EDR process are tools that help management preservers as well. It's not as easy to get fired as people seem to think
Yeah it is actually. Its all about who likes you and who doesnt like you and whos asczz you kiss and whos asczz u dont. Trust me ive seen it, a supe with a backbone that didnt play their games the way they wanted to and then they set him up to get him out of there because he wasnt a TEAM PLAYER for them. Thats why its totally not worth going into fulltime management.

O

OLDMAN3

I had a center manager who is a great guy. In that I mean he lives his life as true Christian should. Generous, kind, decent. He treated everyone with respect and dignity. He refused to crap on people.

They sent him to the center they call the manager's graveyard. When I heard they fired him after a year in the graveyard I was so incredibly mad.

Good luck to the OP if he is actually a stand up guy. Just be prepared to dust off your resume.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I had a center manager who is a great guy. In that I mean he lives his life as true Christian should. Generous, kind, decent. He treated everyone with respect and dignity. He refused to crap on people.

They sent him to the center they call the manager's graveyard. When I heard they fired him after a year in the graveyard I was so incredibly mad.

Good luck to the OP if he is actually a stand up guy. Just be prepared to dust off your resume.
Exactly dude he has no idea whats in store for him at all unfortunately because he could be a decent human being until he gets thrown into the LION DEN lol