New full timer time off?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mikeyb, Oct 16, 2014.

1. mikeyb

mikeyb New Member

Hey guys. After 11 1/2 years part time, I was promoted to full time approx. 3 weeks ago. I currently have no option days left but I nay need to take tomorrow off to take my son to the Dr because my wife is out of town and we have nobody else to do it. Does it matter or affect anything if I have to take off for anything this early? Thanks!!!

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Did you ask your boss?

3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

You're better off asking than calling in with no days left.

4. mikeyb

mikeyb New Member

I asked them if I could have off and they said yes but I didn't know if it mattered if I take off this early after being promoted. Wasn't sure if I'm supposed work a certain number of days at first before taking off. I understand that folks get sick and have emergencies and have to take off but I just wondered because sometimes the supes don't always give us the most helpful information.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  5. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

As long as your not one of them people who take off all the time and abuse it youll be fine. Even if you are out of days and something pops up and you have to call in, screw them dude. That's their problem, its up to them to be staffed enough to be able to plug somebody in just in case. Don't feel sorry for them if you call in, they will use that against you. Lets be real they don't give us enough days anyway working everyday year round. I always said this job is the type of job where you should get at least 20 sick or optional days. You don't have time to jack schiznitt on this job. Not like a normal job where you get off early enough to still do stuff. This job as soon as you get out of bed and your feet hit the floor your day is basically over before it even starts. That's the reality of being a full time driver employed by UNITED PARCEL SLAVE lol.

6. ChristianUp$

ChristianUp$ New Member

Preach it brotha!!!!!! Lol so true.

7. bleedinbrown58

We should be allowed to roll our unused days over so we can use them if things come up.

8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Personally I wouldn't miss a day for anything in my probation period.

9. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Just bang out end of story

10. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

every sick day and OPH should be used,the reason we do not get anymore days is some people don't use the ones we got

11. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Ditto dude

12. bleedinbrown58

Some people like the "extra" may check. I use all mine every year...but if we could roll them over, I would save a few days....you never know when you might need a week off.

13. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I bid out all my sick and optionals for 2 extra weeks of vacation. Would you like to get paid for taking off today or layoff day? Ill take layoff bitches every time lol.

14. That reminds me,I need to take a few!:beerhat:

15. bleedinbrown58

Don't forget your :censored2: vacation tooo.....lol

16. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Really you old fart lol.

17. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

That's included DIK-HEAD lmfao:bigsmile2:

18. Old fart,but not falling apart,like some people!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. bleedinbrown58

I do too...I'm taking a 4 day weekend next month...before peak gets here. I'll still have enough personal days left to take an extra paid week off after peak too...lol

20. bleedinbrown58

:censored2:face....you hit 15 years this coming year, right? You get an additional week of vacation, don't you? lol