New full timer time off?

mikeyb

Hey guys. After 11 1/2 years part time, I was promoted to full time approx. 3 weeks ago. I currently have no option days left but I nay need to take tomorrow off to take my son to the Dr because my wife is out of town and we have nobody else to do it. Does it matter or affect anything if I have to take off for anything this early? Thanks!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hey guys. After 11 1/2 years part time, I was promoted to full time approx. 3 weeks ago. I currently have no option days left but I nay need to take tomorrow off to take my son to the Dr because my wife is out of town and we have nobody else to do it. Does it matter or affect anything if I have to take off for anything this early? Thanks!!!
You're better off asking than calling in with no days left.

mikeyb

I asked them if I could have off and they said yes but I didn't know if it mattered if I take off this early after being promoted. Wasn't sure if I'm supposed work a certain number of days at first before taking off. I understand that folks get sick and have emergencies and have to take off but I just wondered because sometimes the supes don't always give us the most helpful information.

Last edited:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
As long as your not one of them people who take off all the time and abuse it youll be fine. Even if you are out of days and something pops up and you have to call in, screw them dude. That's their problem, its up to them to be staffed enough to be able to plug somebody in just in case. Don't feel sorry for them if you call in, they will use that against you. Lets be real they don't give us enough days anyway working everyday year round. I always said this job is the type of job where you should get at least 20 sick or optional days. You don't have time to jack schiznitt on this job. Not like a normal job where you get off early enough to still do stuff. This job as soon as you get out of bed and your feet hit the floor your day is basically over before it even starts. That's the reality of being a full time driver employed by UNITED PARCEL SLAVE lol.

ChristianUp$

As long as your not one of them people who take off all the time and abuse it youll be fine. Even if you are out of days and something pops up and you have to call in, screw them dude. That's their problem, its up to them to be staffed enough to be able to plug somebody in just in case. Don't feel sorry for them if you call in, they will use that against you. Lets be real they don't give us enough days anyway working everyday year round. I always said this job is the type of job where you should get at least 20 sick or optional days. You don't have time to jack schiznitt on this job. Not like a normal job where you get off early enough to still do stuff. This job as soon as you get out of bed and your feet hit the floor your day is basically over before it even starts. That's the reality of being a full time driver employed by UNITED PARCEL SLAVE lol.

Preach it brotha!!!!!! Lol so true.