new guy here

tre305

Welcome to the Cafe... Stay a while and chat.... Any rumors in your facility about layoffs of any kind?

havent heard anything of the sort floating around yet, but i have read about the talks at other hubs on here. only thing i have seen was maybe one or two drivers being asked if they wanted to go home before PCM, i guess because there wasnt enough work for them?

Tre, how long of a wait to go driving where you at? Do you want to go driving? And no kidding you got hired in the nick of time with the new contract and all. Sounds like you are the "go to" man where you work.

from what ive been told its like a 2-3 year wait, we had a bid list go up back in jan. and i put my name on everything from part time package driver to full time air driver. and yeah, i came in last june so i lucked out big time lol.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Hey, tre. The way it was explained to me, and I have no idea if this is correct, is if you generate loads you are considered a hub. If you just take loads in, sort them and deliver them you are a center. Don't have a clue if this is right but it made sense when my trainer was explaining it.

kavi

Welcome to the Brown Cafe! Glad you've taken the big step in joining in and sharing your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

brownrodster

Hey, tre. The way it was explained to me, and I have no idea if this is correct, is if you generate loads you are considered a hub. If you just take loads in, sort them and deliver them you are a center. Don't have a clue if this is right but it made sense when my trainer was explaining it.

My center generates loads from all our pickups? does that count? I think we send loads to two or three destinations. And we build smalls bags that go all over the USA. AFIAK we are a center.

UPSNewbie

My center generates loads from all our pickups? does that count? I think we send loads to two or three destinations. And we build smalls bags that go all over the USA. AFIAK we are a center.

My understanding is this: if your inbound goes strictly to preload, then it's a center. If your inbound goes to both sort and preload or sort and trailer load, then that's usually a hub. If you just have P/Us going on the outbound and not inbound to outbound, then that's just a center.