New Guy Intro

straycatkid

Hi everybody,
I'm a brand new FedEx Express courier, and very happy to say so. I'll be working out of the station in Melville, NY, Suffolk County, on Long Island. Friday and Saturday were spent watching all the introductory videos and some of the IT computer stuff. Early tomorrow morning I'll be learning about sorting and then some more computer work. I'm really looking forward to courier school and defensive driving.

I've been out of work for a few months, had a few offers from other employers but I held out for one that really excited me. This was it. It's my first job that's not retail and I am seriously thrilled about that. It still hasn't quite sunken in that I am beginning a job that has can give me a real future -It really is the "big break" I was hoping for.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a forum for this line of work existed, even though I won't be wearing brown, so I just wanted to say Hi, and I'm glad to be part of the team now.

-Steve

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hi everybody,
I'm a brand new FedEx Express courier, and very happy to say so. I'll be working out of the station in Melville, NY, Suffolk County, on Long Island. Friday and Saturday were spent watching all the introductory videos and some of the IT computer stuff. Early tomorrow morning I'll be learning about sorting and then some more computer work. I'm really looking forward to courier school and defensive driving.

I've been out of work for a few months, had a few offers from other employers but I held out for one that really excited me. This was it. It's my first job that's not retail and I am seriously thrilled about that. It still hasn't quite sunken in that I am beginning a job that has can give me a real future -It really is the "big break" I was hoping for.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a forum for this line of work existed, even though I won't be wearing brown, so I just wanted to say Hi, and I'm glad to be part of the team now.

-Steve

Howdy. When they offer you the Kool-Aid...don't drink it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hi Steve welcome aboard.

I hope you're happy with your new position but if I were you I'd still be looking.

nbgirl

I heard today there were close to 900 layoffs in the U.S. Des Moines being one of them. anyone else hear this? They are outsourcing to India from what I have gathered. Also the accounting ops in Canada are being outsourced to Guatemaula. UPS is doing major transformations and jumping the border to save $$. Anyone else hear anything about layoffs???

Cactus

I heard today there were close to 900 layoffs in the U.S. Des Moines being one of them. anyone else hear this? They are outsourcing to India from what I have gathered. Also the accounting ops in Canada are being outsourced to Guatemaula. UPS is doing major transformations and jumping the border to save $$. Anyone else hear anything about layoffs???

So it's UPS then that's laying off or FedEx?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So it's UPS then that's laying off or FedEx?

Hallooo, my name is "John". How is the weather in Cheecago right now? How about those Yankees? Help you please may I to screw-up your packages as much as possible, please, thank you. I am pleased to be helping you fine American just like me here in Mumbai....I mean New York.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Steve, welcome to the fold. Now let us know what you think after a month or so of the low wages and stress. But really, welcome!
Yeah, welcome Steve.
It's a fun job but, the pay and bennies suck.
I give you 2 yrs. to figure that out. Wait until your first 2 reviews and they tell you you can't get a perfect score for safe driving just because you've only been there less than 3 yrs.

Cactus

I think Steve has left the building.

Not a single new post but hopefully he stumbled on to a better job.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
You're both wrong.
He's at 2 weeks of CRR school at a hotel that doesn't have internet.
I just hope he saves his food stipend for dinner. Oh yeah baby, it was big Sapporo and Benny Hannah's every night for me.:wink2:

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Wow, we had to go to corporate and it's only 29 miles away. I want some more mileage pay since it's up to .50 cents a mile now! Had to log 6 miles driving to a customer location in my own vehicle and that was an easy $3...lol Too bad it cost me $3.50 in gas!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow, we had to go to corporate and it's only 29 miles away. I want some more mileage pay since it's up to .50 cents a mile now! Had to log 6 miles driving to a customer location in my own vehicle and that was an easy $3...lol Too bad it cost me $3.50 in gas!

Do you think Fred would miss the chance to get some of your big raise back?

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I got a raise? OOHHH...that's the used cushion mat that we stand on when scanning the belt...at least you stand on it for the minute or so that the things actually work.