New Guy Intro

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So a small number of those "sufficiently angry enough" some on here spewing all things negative about Fedex and expect something to happen? I'll be a believer as soon as I start hearing about local stations taking real action.

That's where the Teamsters come in, because it's one thing to say negative things about FedEx here, and another to do it in a station. Openly disagreeing with the company line is asking for termination at worst and harassment at best. You don't work at Express. I do, and 25+ years of observing the way Express operates has given me plenty of time to deduce that unionizing is very hazardous to anyone that tries it. Just like WalMart, FedEx says one thing and does another when it comes to unions. I almost fell off my chair when Smith was quoted as saying that "FedEx is not anti-union in any way". Sure.

Without Teamster legal support and national organization, Fred knows that a union won't be happening.

bbsam

Staff member
That's where the Teamsters come in, because it's one thing to say negative things about FedEx here, and another to do it in a station. Openly disagreeing with the company line is asking for termination at worst and harassment at best. You don't work at Express. I do, and 25+ years of observing the way Express operates has given me plenty of time to deduce that unionizing is very hazardous to anyone that tries it. Just like WalMart, FedEx says one thing and does another when it comes to unions. I almost fell off my chair when Smith was quoted as saying that "FedEx is not anti-union in any way". Sure.

But the choir you are preaching to here is so insignificantly small. It goes nowhere. I don't work at Express, but I'll take your word that unionizing is hazardous. Just as true, though is that the Teamsters are nowhere to be found, don't want to be found, and don't give a damn about your impotent rants against Fred and company.
Without Teamster legal support and national organization, Fred knows that a union won't be happening.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It only goes nowhere if we stop trying. All we need is the backing of the IBT. I will happily step forward if I know I have a team of competent labor lawyers who have my back.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Labor Lawyer=Fedex Watch. Have you given them a call?

FedEx Watch and some of the other sites seem more interested in angling for class action suits than in unionization. The IBT needs to step forward with a national campaign, show some unity, and start showing-up outside FedEx facilities. They left me hanging when I worked with them before, and that means I want to see an effort that is nationwide, which is what will be necessary under the RLA.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I'm with you man. I get all these mailers and magazines from the IBT and they all talk about how headway is being made at FedEx for unionization. WHERE?? I don't see it anywhere, but I did hear from them that some Ground hubs have signed cards.

I will gladly step up and bang my drum extolling the virtues of unionization if I know that I have them to support me. Until then, it's kind of like being a Christian in a village of radicals...keep your head down and mumble a lot.