New Guy is Averaging 4 stops.... per hour.... Yeah.

FilingBluesFL

I had to help out a new guy yesterday.

Supervisors rode with him on Thursday for the route he did Friday.

At 6pm he had ~50 stops off... and over 30 left.

At 8pm, he had about 27 stops left.

I took 17, and left him with literally... 9 stops.

He made it back to the center a few minutes before me. I've never done that work before, and a lot of little dead-end streets and one lane dead-ends, and a couple off-road excursions...

Amazing lol

Management makes ALL good decisions.........:funny:

I came in about 9:30 with over 100 pieces on the car... I know he had about the same if not more, and someone else came in also with a lot of pieces.

The night supe was absolutely thrilled lol I guess he ended up with a late pull with the trailers. Sorry dude, happy Friday!

oldngray

nowhere special
Late pull on Friday isn't an issue because of the weekend. I am surprised the sup was still there when you got in. Usually they leave early on Friday even if drivers are late and leave just the OMS there to watch the phones.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

He made it back to the center a few minutes before me. I've never done that work before, and a lot of little dead-end streets and one lane dead-ends, and a couple off-road excursions...

Amazing lol

I came in about 9:30 with over 100 pieces on the car... I know he had about the same if not more, and someone else came in also with a lot of pieces.

The night supe was absolutely thrilled lol I guess he ended up with a late pull with the trailers. Sorry dude, happy Friday!

​Sounds like management material - 4 stops per hour.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A whopping total of 80 stops? I'd take that any day. Our center consistently sends out routes with over 200 stops now all year long.

Amazing lol

So what I average about 8.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I like new guys, sups ask others to around me to help them and they argue and moan they don't want to help them. Me, I just go and take everything they have left and take the 2hrs OT along with it.

rod

Retired 22 years
A whopping total of 80 stops? I'd take that any day. Our center consistently sends out routes with over 200 stops now all year long.

It all depends on what kind of a route it is (business-residential-rural-combination-lots of pickups-no pickups)). We had 2 routes that were dispatched with less than 25 stops a day----------------but they also had over 300 miles a day to drive----most of it dirt roads.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Only because they have people stupid enough to do it.
we have some that are stupid enough to do it. I enjoy watching them stomping around in the mornings beofre the PCM threatning to stay out until midnite,bring pieces back etc and are mad because they have games to go to,etc. these guys are ALWAYS the first ones in,regardless of the amount of work on them

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
HR hired a seasonal driver for our center that is around 50 years old and weighs about 300 pounds. He went out with 78 stops Wednesday and worked 11 hours.He certainly made all of the rest of us in the group look pretty good

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It all depends on what kind of a route it is (business-residential-rural-combination-lots of pickups-no pickups)). We had 2 routes that were dispatched with less than 25 stops a day----------------but they also had over 300 miles a day to drive----most of it dirt roads.

25 stops 300 miles, that's my kind of gravy lol.

HR hired a seasonal driver for our center that is around 50 years old and weighs about 300 pounds. He went out with 78 stops Wednesday and worked 11 hours.He certainly made all of the rest of us in the group look pretty good

Let him run your route for a day. maybe they would appreciate you a little more!...Oh wait I forgot who we work for.......lol

rod

Retired 22 years
25 stops 300 miles, that's my kind of gravy lol.

For the most part they were great routes (if you didn't mind breathing dust all day long)-----but on those winter blizzard days and a few weeks in the spring during mud season you couldn't pay me enough to run them.

barnyard

KTM rider
For the most part they were great routes (if you didn't mind breathing dust all day long)-----but on those winter blizzard days and a few weeks in the spring during mud season you couldn't pay me enough to run them.

We have 1 that is 160-200 miles, probably 1/3 of that is gravel. I can cover it for a week, if the regular guy is off 2 weeks in a row, I cannot do it. Coughing up all that dirt is hard on a bod.