New Guy: Loading question

blkmamba

Yup, they'll rob us blind if you don't keep track....everybody should, then maybe they'd quit doing it!

As a former sup, it is quite common to do this, why? I do not know. I tried to be as honest with my employees as possible, and there were times I would make a mistake like giving somebody a lunch and forgetting to clock them back, essentially giving them a 3 hour lunch. Mistakes do happen, but you are right always keep track. Most of the time as my employees were leaving they would say okay from such and such time to such and such and then write it down.

I tried to look at from the point of view that no matter how great I ran the operation they would always find something that needs to be fixed. Meaning that a smart part time sup would treat their employees fairly because your always going to take crap from those above you, so you might as well get along with those below you.

UPS Preloader

I hardly ever get misloads and i work very hard, day in day out. I will be one of the drivers who come in early. I put logic thought into everything i do. If i can work through break and save 10-20 minutes i am all for it. I strive to be the best at what we do at UPS.

Where is the logic in working for free? You gross $380 a week when you could be grossing $400+. Instead you give this money to a company making $4.5 billion. This isn't logical, it's stupidity. (IMHO)

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Shaving is shaving.....if you worked 4.5 , and the sup shaves 10min off....it'll show up as 4.33. So, anyone who's keeping track of their hours will realize it. So, not sure what you mean about never going over 60 min.....
In decimal time, your hours can be 5.75. If someone has been keeping track of their time, they usually keep track of it in normal time and not decimal time. Say you have been documenting your time and you get a total of 20 hours and 50 minutes for this week. The sup can put 20.50 in decimal time although that's 20 hours and 30 minutes in real time. So he can get away with 20 minutes if you don't know well. With 6+ yrs of seniority, I genuinely hope that you are not a present victim lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
As a former sup, it is quite common to do this, why? I do not know. I tried to be as honest with my employees as possible, and there were times I would make a mistake like giving somebody a lunch and forgetting to clock them back, essentially giving them a 3 hour lunch. Mistakes do happen, but you are right always keep track. Most of the time as my employees were leaving they would say okay from such and such time to such and such and then write it down.

I tried to look at from the point of view that no matter how great I ran the operation they would always find something that needs to be fixed. Meaning that a smart part time sup would treat their employees fairly because your always going to take crap from those above you, so you might as well get along with those below you.
Well, sounds like you were a very decent PT sup....not too many of them at ups!