New Health Care Legislation

FAVREFAN

what do you base that statement on?
Our insurance isn't a "cadillac" plan. I am independent. Although I don't support the healthcare bill the way it ended up, I will not spread rumors or innuendo about it. WE WILL NOT BE TAXED ON OUR PLAN. Nor will UPS have to pay a tax for us on our insurance.

FAVREFAN

Our insurance isn't a "cadillac" plan. I am independent. Although I don't support the healthcare bill the way it ended up, I will not spread rumors or innuendo about it. WE WILL NOT BE TAXED ON OUR PLAN. Nor will UPS have to pay a tax for us on our insurance. The statement is based on the current lay out of the bill.

Our insurance isn't a "cadillac" plan. I am independent. Although I don't support the healthcare bill the way it ended up, I will not spread rumors or innuendo about it. WE WILL NOT BE TAXED ON OUR PLAN. Nor will UPS have to pay a tax for us on our insurance.
Where do you get this information?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
and further, what makes you say our plans are not caddy plans?

where do you get your misguided information?

here is just one unions view and comments about how their members would be affected......

Democrats in the Senate are on the verge of agreeing to a plan that would essentially extend federal employee health insurance options to the rest of the country. But just as the federal health insurance network could become the national model, labor unions are warning it could also be unreasonably taxed under the Senate plan.

A group of unions released a report (PDF) today showing that the so-called "Cadillac" tax on higher-cost health insurance plans would, after three years, begin to hit the most popular health care plan within the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) -- ultimately impacting 48 percent of all federal employees and nearly 3.8 million people.

"I never really thought that our Chevy of a plan for federal employee health benefits would be a Cadillac plan," John Gage, president of the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), said on a conference call today.

Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) said the health benefits tax goes back on President Obama's promise not to tax the middle class.

"The Senate has gone into territory that most certainly will affect the middle class," he said.

d

Last edited:

Highwayman

I hope no one thinks any one in D.C. is working for us. They only work for themselves and then say its for us. The majority of people in this country were against this plan and they pushed it through any way.:sick: Yes I emailed my congressman and senators many times. All I got was form replies. I told them if they pass it I wouldn't vote for them.:angry:

Dunupsn

By law, this is going to get you 2 ways....the most noted way is by the tax on Cadillac plans (45%)...this increased cost will be passed on to you in the form of higher co-pays and lower coverage....but the second way has not got too much press....your health insurance premiums...what UPS pays weekly into the plan on your behalf will now be treated as ordinary income....added to your W2 and taxed....so if you made 70K this year....next year your W2 will say 90K and even though you won't get 1 more cent in your pocket, the extra 20K health insurance benefit will cost you at least 3K in additional taxes......:happy2:

Camping Nana

All I have to say is this...........

You know it is not good for the common people when they (congress) do not include themselves in this health care plan!!!! They will continue to be covered by their special plan..... even AFTER they retire or are voted out !!!!!

Yes - folks we have been stabbed in the back!!!!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
FYI
Article 34 Section 1 Par (h) " In the event that national health care legislation is enacted the parties agree to meet and discuss any ramifications of that legislation on the provisions of this article"

I bet that will go well !

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I work to jobs for the last 13+ years so I can take care of my family get the kids through college and proivide the family with good health care and now Nancy,Harry,and Barack (who can't find his birth certificate) want to pick my pocket.
Come to New Jersey if you are an undocumented immigrant we will give you a high school education,instate tuition for college and a drivers license for good measure.Courtesy of that A--H--- Corsine
I am also glad our home security chief says the system works "the bomb did not go off" and what the heck let us let the terrorist lawyer up.

*** !!!
Please excuse me if I am ranting

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I work to jobs for the last 13+ years so I can take care of my family get the kids through college and proivide the family with good health care and now Nancy,Harry,and Barack (who can't find his birth certificate) want to pick my pocket.
Come to New Jersey if you are an undocumented immigrant we will give you a high school education,instate tuition for college and a drivers license for good measure.Courtesy of that A--H--- Corsine
I am also glad our home security chief says the system works "the bomb did not go off" and what the heck let us let the terrorist lawyer up.

*** !!!
Please excuse me if I am ranting
Rant on my brother! Its so frustrating to see people come to California for no other reason then all of our freebies for the un-motivated. As tax paying citizens we all need to be a lot more informed in what goes on in our local and state governments. My state is going broke, so of course we have tax hikes or "fee increases" as we call them in California, and some program cuts. The cuts brought out all the nut jobs, marching in the streets and at the state colleges. California also pays for all illegals to go to school and we also subsidize their college as well. Our own military cant even share in that benefit but line up if your here illegally. This health care is just the next step in the governments master plan of the giant NANNY STATE! They will price or tax the competition out of existence and then we all will be knocking on the masters door begging for scraps. Republicans and Democrats are too similar now a days to be trusted separately. The concept of government of the people, by the people, and for the people is a disappearing idea.

Heck now you've got me ranting.

FAVREFAN

and further, what makes you say our plans are not caddy plans?

where do you get your misguided information?

here is just one unions view and comments about how their members would be affected......

O.K. Dude. I hearby state that I am incorrect and we will pay 45% tax on our healthcare insurance benefits going forward once the bill passes. Let me know when it's gonna start coming out of my check. O.K.? Let me know.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
you will let us know when that happens my friend. because you will be bitching louder than the others.

unless you are not man enough to admit you were wrong, in which case you will suffer silently. but either way we will still know.:happy-very:

d

FAVREFAN

you will let us know when that happens my friend. because you will be bitching louder than the others.

unless you are not man enough to admit you were wrong, in which case you will suffer silently. but either way we will still know.:happy-very:

d
Have you even read one article on where the money for this will come from? Really, even one article in the newspaper, one CNN story, one CNBC piece or even anything on an internet home page news section? I mean anything at all? Or did you just get all your info. from Rush Limbaugh?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
yes, the same place they get all the other money for everything else they do....from us.

evil corp's dont pay taxes, people do. the corps pass those taxes on as a cost of doing business. and we pay those taxes by paying higher prices on everything we buy.

now, let me change the flavor of the statement back to you.

why would they have to cram it down so many peoples throats to get it passed. why would they have to buy the last votes needed by paying those senators states hundreds of millions of dollars in extra funding, and give some states exemptions from regulations affecting the rest of the usa? why, if it is such a good deal would they have to buy those votes for hundreds of millions of trade offs?

and what about if it is such a good plan, why not volunteer to have themselves under the plan they want to force onto us? what about it

Have you even read one article on why they wont accept for themselves what they are "giving to us"? Really, even one article in the newspaper, one CNN story, one CNBC piece or even anything on an internet home page news section? I mean anything at all? Or did you just get all your info from the talking notes of those in office who's integrity are for sale to the highest bidder

btw, rush is not in power. they are. that makes them a much greater threat to you and i than rush will ever be.

but you cant look past your personal hatred for rush, and that is a shame.

d

FAVREFAN

The bills haven't even been combined yet. They need to combine/consolidate and make concessions to come to a full bill agreement. The House and Senate have very different versions. As of 12:15 today(here's your "sources" you so deperately need) on CNBC they are argueing over if money will be raised through a 5% additional tax on individuals making over $500,000 per year on money grossed over that $500,000 number. Or by taxing so called "Cadillac" plans which are at the lowest number being considered $23,000 cost per year. Those would only be taxed on benefits over the $23,000 amount. UPS doesn't even come anywhere near $23,000 health care premiums per employee. And I am pretty damn sure you don't make $500,000. So either way, your not paying for it, I'm not paying for it and UPS won't pay any extra for it either. That's where it stands at the moment.

From a personal point of view....I don't support the current structures of what they are trying to do. I have many, many relatives in Canada, Ireland and some in Australia......and they love their national healthcare. They pay higher taxes but it is well worth it to them. And no....they don't wait for service or get surgeries in cold wet basements with one light bulb dangling from the ceiling. Without a "public option" where the government can gaurantee lower costs against what the private sector charges.....little will change. It's a start, but not a solution. I end my argueing with you here. What is great is that we are both Americans and we are lucky to have the right to disagree. Let's be happy in that.
Let me start a different firestorm here. Everyone is crying about this healthcare cost or the "bailout". I want my $2.2Trillion dollars from Iraq and Afganistan back.(As of 12/31/2009) O.k. I'm gonna take cover now.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
while the "wars" are not of my doing or support, that money is gone. spent. cant change it.

what we can change is to get rid of the bastards that are at the top of our country and causing it to go bankrupt. bush, clinton, bush, and now obama have all played key roles in causing us to borrow more money than we can ever pay back, and the only way to keep borrowing more is to make our dollars worth less.

and you know what happens when your money gets to be worth less?

you ever read much history? ever see what happens to super societies when the spending out paces the income? and the "needy" outnumber those that produce?

and those in power made sure that regardless of who got elected, we the people really would get screwed.

never ever has borrowing money to get out of debt ever worked. but they still feel like they need to try?

d

klein

Für Meno :)
The bills haven't even been combined yet. They need to combine/consolidate and make concessions to come to a full bill agreement. The House and Senate have very different versions. As of 12:15 today(here's your "sources" you so deperately need) on CNBC they are argueing over if money will be raised through a 5% additional tax on individuals making over $500,000 per year on money grossed over that $500,000 number. Or by taxing so called "Cadillac" plans which are at the lowest number being considered $23,000 cost per year. Those would only be taxed on benefits over the $23,000 amount. UPS doesn't even come anywhere near $23,000 health care premiums per employee. And I am pretty damn sure you don't make $500,000. So either way, your not paying for it, I'm not paying for it and UPS won't pay any extra for it either. That's where it stands at the moment.

From a personal point of view....I don't support the current structures of what they are trying to do. I have many, many relatives in Canada, Ireland and some in Australia......and they love their national healthcare. They pay higher taxes but it is well worth it to them. And no....they don't wait for service or get surgeries in cold wet basements with one light bulb dangling from the ceiling. Without a "public option" where the government can gaurantee lower costs against what the private sector charges.....little will change. It's a start, but not a solution. I end my argueing with you here. What is great is that we are both Americans and we are lucky to have the right to disagree. Let's be happy in that.
Let me start a different firestorm here. Everyone is crying about this healthcare cost or the "bailout". I want my $2.2Trillion dollars from Iraq and Afganistan back.(As of 12/31/2009) O.k. I'm gonna take cover now.

Well said ! (I'm from Canada, and happy with what we have here, actully proud of it, like most other Canadians).
Gee, americans need to give thier heads a shake !
They spend twice as much then any other country on earth on healthcare, and the WHO ranks the USA health system number 37 !!!!
If the USA was atleast ranked in the top 10, it might be justifyable.

But, it's way too costly, and as everyone agrees, just no longer affordable.
It will go bankrupt on it's own, if nothing is done.

FAVREFAN

Well said ! (I'm from Canada, and happy with what we have here).
Gee, americans need to give thier heads a shake !
They spend twice as much then any other country on earth on healthcare, and the WHO ranks the USA health system number 37 !!!!
If the USA was atleast ranked in the top 10, it might be justifyable.

But, it's way too costly, and as everyone agrees, just no longer affordable.
It will go bankrupt on it's own, if nothing is done.
Thanks friend. The Republican party has everyone scared to death here about the government getting involved in healthcare. The problem is, this doesn't go nearly far enough for us. Your system and Irelands system work very well. Many Americans leave the U.S. to get surgery in India for less money with better care. It's getting nuts.
I do love the band...RUSH. Just not the other Rush, lol. Good day hoser.
P.S. Danny.....I had 21 credit hours of history in college and plenty of economic/financial classes along the way. I love history and finance. I'm a nerd that way!