New here, and I'm currently on training to be a FT driver and have a question.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Arch, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Arch

Arch Member

Maybe I'm paranoid or just plain dumb but if you happen to brush over tree leaves with the package car does it count as an accident? I had this incident happen to me today where it push the passenger side mirror in. It happen in a residential area where they have big trees. I was going about 10 mpg when I didn't see it on impact. The instructor just push the mirror back out and told me to just keep going. No signs of damage to the vehicle, but I'm kinda scared now thinking if I'm disqualified for it.
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

3. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

They are designed to swing .

Don't sweat it .
  4. mpeedy

mpeedy Member

All the pkg cars have lines/scrapes down the sides from trees.
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They used to repaint them every fine that happened.
  6. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

Haha I thought the same thing when I was on my 30 days...they don't give a :censored2: about you or the truck...just keep putting boxes on doorsteps
  7. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Poke a whole ( misspelled on purpose because it will be censored) and see how little they care about that truck. But scraping against tree limbs no
  8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Poke :censored2:....

Lol It is. What wrong with hole?
    Hole is ok we just can't poke them.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

If they like you and you're a decent driver you're fine, if you suck then they will DQ you for that.
  10. Man Of Brown

Man Of Brown Active Member

If the mirror breaks they can call it an accident. Something to pay attention to.
  11. Rub and tug those big branches
  12. Number24

Number24 #24

You should be fine, don't sweat it.
  13. jaker

jaker trolling

In my young days I bump into a tree and it put :censored2: in the fiberglass told my on road and the mechanic put a patch over it and I was charge with a accident

I did it again this time I just told the mechanic and it got fixed

So treat your mechanic nice
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

A mirror once cracked on me when I attempted to adjust it before pulling out of the building. This can happen when it is too tight. The mirror frame flexes and there goes the mirror.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

You're fine, don't worry about it
  16. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

No accident. Sometimes when I brush the car up against a tree on a narrow street the mirror bracket folds but it's a rare but if the mirror were to crack, then I'm on the phone with the boss.
    I usually will park either before after a tree in order to park close to the sidewalk and walk the stop off.
  17. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I've had my mirrors crack in the building. Sometimes the car washers move the trucks overnight and leave you an annoying present in the am. Straight to the shop no questions asked
  18. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

exactly . you got off easy this time. a good warning. " get the big picture "
  19. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

UPS buys those mirrors in bulk , knowing they will break quite easily .
    Ask your mechanic for a spare that you can keep in the PC . Fix yourself , its easy .
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. SaladTosser

SaladTosser Member

I scraped the truck next to me when I was leaving the building, in front of an on road supervisor. Nothing happened