New here and New to ups need some tips

eplaner

So im currently in training right now and is going to end at friday. Will start working at moday and as a loader.
My most concern right now is that,
is it easy to identify that if the package is suppose to be loader?
what do we look at in the package to see if it belongs to that truck and is it easy to figure out? give some kings examples pls..

and how often does a hazmat package occur?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Loader? Or, on Preload? Load by PAL. Lane #, then shelf position.UNLESS it is oversized or over 40-50lbs. Then, find a spot on the floor AS CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL SPOT!Keep bulk(lots of pkgs. for same location)TOGETHER! If they are big(bulk), then put on floor. If you at the end of the shift, and you have a bulk for the back end-and if you have shelf space- shove everything on the shelf forward and use that space to build your bulk up for easier access for driver. UTILIZE YOUR SPACE!And sign up for helper at peak. Ask your driver how to make his day easier as that is your main purpose.Enjoy!

UPSGUY72

They say loader you probably will be unloading trailers. Either way don't worry someone will teach you how to do what ever job you get. Loading cars isn't hard as long if your building has the PAS system the label even tells you where in the car the package goes. Just make sure you get the right package in the right car. I hate looking for package that aren't in my car to start with.

So im currently in training right now and is going to end at friday. Will start working at moday and as a loader.
My most concern right now is that,
is it easy to identify that if the package is suppose to be loader?
what do we look at in the package to see if it belongs to that truck and is it easy to figure out? give some kings examples pls..

and how often does a hazmat package occur?
my suggestion working at ups trust know one. don't be a hard worker, do only what is required of you. do not go above and beyond. that will be the standard that they will want all the time. being lazy is the way to go at ups , document every thing that is said to you. never and i mean never talk to a sup by your self ALWAYS HAVE A STEWART WITH YOU!!!! a sup will lie straight to your face they preach honesty hahahah ..good luck you will need it .....

UPSGUY72

my suggestion working at ups trust know one. don't be a hard worker, do only what is required of you. do not go above and beyond. that will be the standard that they will want all the time. being lazy is the way to go at ups , document every thing that is said to you. never and i mean never talk to a sup by your self ALWAYS HAVE A STEWART WITH YOU!!!! a sup will lie straight to your face they preach honesty hahahah ..good luck you will need it .....

I wonder how you got your screen name ???

Disregard anything that unemployed3 has said.

You need to make your 30 days. After you make your 30 days you can be a totally idiot although I wouldn't advise it as you will always be on managements radar.

If you follow the following simple step you should have a problem making your 30 days.

1. Show up every day a little early even if your sick.
2. Mind your own business you will see other fooling around and playing games with management just do you job and don't get involved.
3. Just do the best you can and try to improve a little each day if you have question ask just don't assume.
4. Work safe and don't get hurt.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The above is what not to do as an employee of UPS.

The above is what not to do as an employee of UPS.
Well am a package driver out west, and the harder i work the more you get. The slower you work and you run behind you will get help from those that bust there hump.So document every thing they tell you, i know drivers who have binders they carry around with them. So yeah i was a little harsh in my previous post but these are my experiences working at ups.

paidover95

Quit before you get started!!!go to school and get a real job!!!Or get ready to be treated like crap the rest of the time you work there!!