New Here Hello to all me FedEx friends

RedAngel

Hello to all my FedEx friends I'm new here FedEx SameDay City Courier from California been with the OpCo for over a year now and I must say love working for this company.It always surprises me when I talk to other OpCo couriers (FXE,FXG,etc)about FSDC and they look at me like I'm from another planet lol just wanted to show everybody some love be safe out there guys.
Ps somebody said we only drive box transits no transits here just a splinters 3500

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 734

Purplepackage

Hello to all my FedEx friends I'm new here FedEx SameDay City Courier from California been with the OpCo for over a year now and I must say love working for this company.It always surprises me when I talk to other OpCo couriers (FXE,FXG,etc)about FSDC and they look at me like I'm from another planet lol just wanted to show everybody some love be safe out there guys.
Ps somebody said we only drive box transits no transits here just a splinters 3500

How does this service work? What's your day like? I work for express and I've never heard of this opco

It will be fine

The deliver FedEx office orders, but I think mostly from commercial print centers not the store fronts. They also do same day pickup and delivery service within metro areas. I don't think that service is very popular which is why Fred is so down on all the new delivery apps popping up. There isn't really a demand for same day delivery service.

RedAngel

On the contrary my friend the SDC program has already expanded to 23 major cities including just recently Memphis at the corporate request with 10 more in planning and believe or not the demand for SameDay is growing so much that UPS is already running the first pilot to keep up according g to my ups friend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 480

RedAngel

I think he delivers orders printed at the store
Your thinking PUD drivers our SDC orders are so busy that we had to switch over to the splinter 3500 to have room the E-150 and 250 were no longers cutting it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 315

RedAngel

The deliver FedEx office orders, but I think mostly from commercial print centers not the store fronts. They also do same day pickup and delivery service within metro areas. I don't think that service is very popular which is why Fred is so down on all the new delivery apps popping up. There isn't really a demand for same day delivery service.
On the contrary my friend the SDC program has already expanded to 23 major cities including just recently Memphis at the corporate request with 10 more in planning and believe or not the demand for SameDay is growing so much that UPS is already running the first pilot to keep up according g to my ups friend.

RedAngel

How does this service work? What's your day like? I work for express and I've never heard of this opco
The SameDay service is two hour priority service or end of day service and average of work for us is 8-9hrs with 25 stops being the busiest to 14 being the average depending on the time of day average miles per day go from 120 to 220 per day with some couriers going well over.We deliver anything and everything from blood samples to court documents,car parts,pro flowers anything not prohibited by the fedex (alcohol,guns etc)we also take over certain packages from Ground and Express hubs whenever the fedex corporate steps in to resolve some customer dispute or issue with deliveries.Were similar to the swing drivers Only we are issued GPS.

Some drivers confuse us with FedEx office PUD drivers but unlike them we fall under FedEx Services and unlike them we are required to complete Courier School,smith systems,OSHA and TSA.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...to-all-me-fedex-friends.361556/#ixzz3ZrB1v8GV

It will be fine

So, do you guys run a sort somewhere? Or just pick stuff up and drive straight to the destination? I'm surprised to hear it's growing that rapidly. I'm equally surprised they didn't go with the contractor model again. Seems like same day service would fit in well with the Custom Critical operation.

RedAngel

So, do you guys run a sort somewhere? Or just pick stuff up and drive straight to the destination? I'm surprised to hear it's growing that rapidly. I'm equally surprised they didn't go with the contractor model again. Seems like same day service would fit in well with the Custom Critical operation.

Sorting is only done with scheduled drop ships come in the rest are pick ups as you go along your routes Usually from customers directly,centers,hubs depending on your our locations.The first pilot for SDC was run out of Miami and some smaller markets but thru Express after reporting too many fails the pilot was cancel and put on hold.FXG and FXHD was too much of a liability for the pilot with all the lawsuits at the time Not too mention most of those guys were not smith system trained or Osha and the whole contractor sale would prove to be a hard pitch sale since the OpCo motto for the company is "local courier service backed by a world of expertise" meaning Express so the company decided to start from scratch using the cheetah model office had in placed.Almost the whole model was built around the Express one.

Last edited:

RedAngel

It's X, so I'm sure it sucks.
It does when I got hired they started me at 16.50 but I had no experience so far I only gotten one raise a 3% it's not great but it's not bad but the great thing is that is FT so and only Monday thru Friday you kind of make up there and get the same benefits like pay vacation sick time 401k medical etc...