New here help?

Kapital85

Hi im new here future ups worker. Does ups ask for a hs diploma for a package driver position? And i know that you cant go straight to being a driver but mu cousin that has been with ups for 25 yrs is gonna hook me up. Also how often are you driving the manual trucks cause i heard theres alot of automatics now. Thanks

nmang2412

im in sorta the same position. This is what ive come to learn. Most fleets are automatics. Senority will determine trucks. Maybe however say if your trucks getting oil changed you would take out a old (manual) truck or your on a swing route at peak, stuff like that.

Becoming a driver checklist, BY: Nmang2412
*pay dues in building (for me 2 years, which is perfect becuz im 19)
*dont get tickets
*turn 21
*Get class c non cdl license
*Become seasonal driver
*wait for permanant position, while still loading

They will ask, buy not exactly sure if you need one

Last edited:

OptimusPrime

You got the hook up. They will roll out the red carpet. "We were going to put Kapital85 on the 40D split, but he got the hook up yo! That truck is a manual. Better put him on 38C. Brand new truck, automatic, and there is a full stocked bar with hookers and an 8 ball of cocaine."

S

serenity now

You got the hook up. They will roll out the red carpet. "We were going to put Kapital85 on the 40D split, but he got the hook up yo! That truck is a manual. Better put him on 38C. Brand new truck, automatic, and there is a full stocked bar with hookers and an 8 ball of cocaine."

ok, you went too far with the hookers and the coke

BrownArmy

I guess like anything else it depends on where you're at, but...

You absolutely need to know how to drive stick if you want to be a Package Car Driver.

(75% manual in my center...YMMV).

nmang2412

if you got the hook up just start working and put your name on the drivers list, drive seasonal when you can. Pay your dues, wait your time. If you want it to happen it will. How old are you?

UPSGUY72

Hi im new here future ups worker. Does ups ask for a hs diploma for a package driver position? And i know that you cant go straight to being a driver but mu cousin that has been with ups for 25 yrs is gonna hook me up. Also how often are you driving the manual trucks cause i heard theres alot of automatics now. Thanks

I got some bad news for you your cousin isn't going hook you up with a drivers job if he telling you he can he is Full of Sh-T or pulling your chain. IF you get a job at UPS you will be working PT either early more or in the evening shift.

Why don't you work on getting your GED..

Re-Raise

I ve been there 27 years and there is no way I could get my cousin in a driving job in less than 10 years. I might have trouble getting their packages held for a will pickup...

Kapital85

im 27 well he got my other cousin a driving position straight without going thru the warehouse. so how you like them apples lol but too bad he crashed the truck and got fired lol. SO he has alot of pull in ups. so when he says he can get me in he can. HA!

OptimusPrime

My driver helper told me an interesting tale today. That UPS wanted to hire him FT but he couldn't become a package car driver because his brother was a feeder driver in the same building. Is that even correct? Normally I wouldn't believe much a driver helper tells me, but he has done seasonal driving for the past couple of years, so he has been around. I assume they just don't want to hire him because he is 55? And I know they aren't allowed to say that.

Leftinbuilding

im 27 well he got my other cousin a driving position straight without going thru the warehouse. so how you like them apples lol but too bad he crashed the truck and got fired lol. SO he has alot of pull in ups. so when he says he can get me in he can. HA!

Noticed you posted the same OP in the UPS Freight forum. Is your cousin Vinny in freight or packages?

UPSGUY72

27 and no HS diploma or GED. Need I say more...

Your "Uncle" who has been working for UPS for 25 years should be able to answer all your questions and give you better information on the happenings in your area. ASK him after all he's getting you the job.........